Easy After Eight Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies – a tasty variation of the classic cookie recipe. If you are a fan of after 8s, mint chocolate, or mint in general, you will love these cookies. The mint is coming in, not with a great deal of force, but very gently. Gives the cookies very refreshing notes of mint.
After every Christmas, we always end up with an abundance of after eights – so they tend to be tucked behind our cupboards…so we thought – how can we use them?
Could we use them in cookies? – Let’s give it a go we thought. And it worked quite well. We stuffed after 8s inside a mint chocolate chip cookie dough.
When they baked, the after eights melted inside – which created that thin line of mint fudginess…yum!
How To Make After Eight Mint Cookies:
Only a couple of cupboard ingredients are needed!
5.Matcha powder – or green food dye
7. Vanilla Extract
9.Cornstarch, salt, baking powder, baking soda.
10. And of course – after eights.
The method is pretty simple – the dried ingredients are combined, and the wet ingredients are combined separately. Then, the dry ingredients are mixed with the wet ingredients. The dough is then left to chill in the fridge for an hour.
Once the dough has chilled, we shape 3oz balls from the dough and stuff them with after eight. Then we bake. Easy!
A full recipe breakdown and measured ingredients are below.
More Stuffed Cookie Recipes:
We hope you like this After Eight Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
After Eight Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups + 2tbsp/234g of plain flour
- 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 tbsp of matcha powder
- 1/4 tsp of bicarb
- 1/4 tsp of bakin powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2/3 cup/100g of chocolate chips you can use mint chocolate chips if you like
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup/113g of soft butter
- 3/4 cup/150g of light brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanila extract
- 1/4 tsp of pepermint extract
- 1 egg
- 8 after eight mints
- In bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- In a seperate bowl add the butter and sugar. Beat until creamy with either an electric mixer or manually.
- Add the egg, and beat again. Add the vanilia and pepermint extract and beat again.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ones, do not overmix.
- Refrigirate the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 340F/170C, & line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- weigh 3oz balls out of the cookie dough, then stuff 1 after eight inside and close off the egdes, it should look like a ball-shape.
- Add the stuffed cookie dough balls to the 2 baking sheets leaving plenty of space between them.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Leave them to cool on the trays fo 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack.
Cookies will last in an air-tight container for up to 3 days on the counter.
Can be frozen for up to a month.