Almond Kisses Cookie Recipe – that’s gluten-free, crispy, and only asks for a handful of pantry ingredients.
Who doesn’t like almond kisses? – they are an amazing chocolate treat. Today, we made cookies with a twist. We made them almond kisses style and used our own homemade chocolate cremeux.
The cookie recipe for these almond kisses cookies is super easy. Basically, you will need to create a batch of amaretti-style cookies, once baked, a hole is pressed in the middle, after that the chocolate cremeux is piped on top. A cookie recipe with almond kisses made 100% from scratch. Your family and friends will love these cookies.
What’s really cool, about this almond kisses cookies, is that we used hartley’s chocolate to create the chocolate cremeux. Another cool thing, is that this recipe is also completely gluten-free as well.
How To Make Almond Kisses Cookie Recipe:
You will need:
For the cookies:
For The Chocolate Cremeux:
1. Double Cream
3. Egg Yolks
5. Dark Chocolate Chips
The cookie dough is done first with the help of a kitchen aid, then the cookies are baked, and cooled completely. In the meantime, you will need to make the chocolate cremeux, so it can cool down completely as well.
Once the cookies are cooled, and so is the chocolate cremeux, the chocolate cremeux is put into a piping bag, and piped on top of the cooled cookies.
If you have never made chocolate cremeux before, it’s actually super easy and straightforward to make. The egg yolks are basically your thickening agent. The secret is to keep whisking. If you take your eye off the mix, you will end up with scrambled eggs. So keep whisking!
More Cookie Recipes:
We hope you like this Almond Kisses Cookie Recipe Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Almond Kisses Cookie Recipe
- For The Almond Cookies:
- 2 large eggs - whites only
- 1 1/3 cups/186g almond flour/meal
- 3/4 cup/150g caster/granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp of almond extract optional but highly recommended
- To roll the cookies:
- Extra granuled sugar
- Powdered sugar
- For The Chocolate Cremeux:
- 100 ml of Double Cream
- 100 ml of Whole Milk
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 tbsp/20g of granuled Sugar
- 1/2 heaped cup/95g of Dark Chocolate Chips
- To Make The Cookies:
- Split the whites and the yolks of the eggs in 2 bowls. Keep the yolks for the chocolate cremeux later.
- Fold in the almond flour and sugar gently to the egg whites.
- Add the almond extract and mix the dough.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F, line 1 baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Shape each cookie to 45g or 2 heaped tbsp. Then roll in granuled sugar first, then lastly in powdered sugar.
- Arrange them on the baking tray keep them ball shaped
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once baked, poke a hole in the middle of the cookies, then let them cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate cremeux.
- In a deep bowl, add the chocolate chips.
- Using a deep pot, add the double cream and milk and bring it to a simmer, then take it off the heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar.
- Slowly pour the hot milk/cream mixture to the egg bowl whisking constantly.
- Pour the whisked eggs with milk and cream back into the pot, and cook on low heat whisking constantly, until it thickens slightly.
- Once you notice it's thicking up, pour the thick-ish mixture onto your chocolate bowl using a sieve to catch all the lumps.
- Mix well, then let the chocolate cremeux cool completely.
- Add the chocolate cremeux into a piping bag, then pipe dots onto the holes in the middle of the cookies.