Apple Sauce Smoothie With Blueberries
- 3 tbsp of apple sauce
- 2 tbsp of yogurt use dairy free if needed
- 2 handfuls of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup/125ml of milk I used dairy-free
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
Apple sauce smoothie with blueberries – that’s thick, healthy, full of nutrients and so filling.
Fresh blueberry apple sauce smoothie is thick, without the need for bananas – since a lot of people dislike them, using apple sauce is the perfect thickening solution, especially if you like your smoothies thicker.
I highly recommend that you use homemade apple sauce, if you use store-bought, they are normally loaded with refined sugar.
So if you have the time – honestly, make your own!
Does Applesauce Thicken Smoothies?
Apple sauce helps thicken and sweeten smoothies.
It brings a lot of creaminess to the smoothie, thickness, and nutrients (especially if you use homemade apple sauce).
Putting apple sauce in a smoothie will become your new favorite way of making smoothies, especially if you don’t like bananas.
Benefits of Drinking Applesauce Smoothie With Berries
I recently made an applesauce smoothie with coffee, which prompted me to make this smoothie with berries instead, which helps enhance the benefits of this smoothie.
Here’s an overview of the benefits of drinking this smoothie with applesauce:
- Rich in Antioxidants: Blueberries and homemade apple sauce are packed with vitamins and antioxidants that fight free radicals, promoting overall health.
- Digestive Health: The fiber present in blueberries helps support a healthy digestion.
- Bone Health: Even dairy-free milk options, like almond, soy, or oat milk, often come fortified with calcium and vitamin D, promoting strong bones and teeth.
- Energizing: The combination of natural fruit sugars and protein can provide a sustained energy boost, making it a great choice for a snack or breakfast.
- Immune Boosting: Blueberries and other ingredients used in the smoothie recipe have vitamins, such as vitamin C, which can bolster the immune system and help fend off illness.
How To Make a Smoothie With Apple Sauce:
You will need:
- Apple Sauce
- Yogurt (I used dairy-free)
- Milk (I used dairy-free)
To make this applesauce smoothie – all the ingredients are added to a high-speed blender and blitzed until smooth and creamy.
Serve and drink up!
Recipe Customization Options
There are some optional substitutions and add-ons you can make to this beverage with applesauce.
Here are my recommendations:
- If you are not vegan, feel free to use unsweetened Greek yogurt, which will add probiotics and protein to your smoothie.
- For a creamier smoothie and a higher protein smoothie, if you are not dairy free, use low-fat cow’s milk
- For a high-protein applesauce smoothie, add a scoop of vanilla protein powder.
- You can replace the blueberries with any other berry you like.
- If you like nuts, add a tablespoon of nut butter, such as peanut butter.
We hope you like this apple sauce smoothie with blueberries recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop me a comment below. I am here to learn, just like you.