I have a banana flaxseed smoothie for weight loss, which is delicious, filling, and so satisfying.
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen bananas slices
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp almond butter (unsweetened)
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 250 ml almond milk (unsweetened)
- Add all the ingredients to your blender jug starting with the frozen banana slices.
- Process until completely smooth. For about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
The smoothie is best consumed for breakfast, but it can also be a great after noon snack too!
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Smoothie
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 13
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 32
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 7
Keywords: flaxseed smoothie, flaxseed weight loss smoothie, healthy smoothie recipes, weight loss smoothie recipe, weight loss smoothies
What Are The Benefits Of Flaxseed And Banana Smoothie
Bananas and flaxseeds work incredibly well together. And, they both have incredible benefits – especially once they are combined.
Some of the banana flaxseed smoothie benefits include::
- Nutrient-Rich: This weight loss flaxseed shake is packed with vitamins and minerals from the bananas, flaxseeds, and almond butter.
- Supports Weight Loss: The high fiber content in flaxseeds aids in a feeling of fullness, supporting weight loss.
- Heart Health: Omega-3 fatty acids in flaxseeds promote cardiovascular well-being and more.
- Energy Boost: The natural sugars in bananas provide a quick and sustained energy lift.
- Blood Sugar Regulation: Cinnamon may help stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Contains Dietary Fiber: The flaxseed smoothie supports digestion and overall gut health thanks to the high amount of fiber content.
- Plant-Based Goodness: Vegan-friendly and free from added sugars, the smoothie is suitable for various diets.
- Tasty and Satisfying: A flavorful way to enjoy a nutritious, satisfying snack or weight loss meal replacement smoothie.
These are not all too, this flaxseed smoothie for weight loss has many, many others as well.
What Does The Smoothie Taste Like?
Even though this banana flaxseed smoothie is for weight loss, that doesn’t mean it isn’t tasty.
This smoothie is like a tasty mixtape of flavors! The frozen banana slices bring the sweet notes, while flaxseeds add a bit of nuttiness.
Almond butter jumps in with a creamy twist, making it all extra delicious.
Cinnamon spices things up, giving it a cozy feel.
The smoothie is quite thick, and not overly sweet. A perfect marriage between the ingredient combinations!
Optional Recipe Variations
You can customize this smoothie recipe in numerous ways.
Since bananas work with so many ingredients, you can adjust the ingredients of this smoothie in many different ways.
Here are some ideas for you, based on my own testing of variations that worked well:
- Don’t like bananas? Swap them for mango or pineapple.
- For a lower-sugar smoothie recipe, swap the banana and use 1 small avocado instead.
- For a nut-free alternative, use oat or coconut milk instead of almond, and swap the almond butter for sunflower seed butter.
- For extra spiciness, add 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
I have been making this fat-burning flaxseed smoothie for over a year now.
Each time I make this smoothie, I pick up a couple of tricks that make the smoothie-making process easy.
Here are the tips;
- Always add the frozen fruit first to your blender, since frozen fruit is harder to blend.
- Next, add the milk. If you add the flaxseeds, they will just sink in the bottom, and the blades won’t be able to incorporate them in the smoothie.
- Start blending at a lower speed, then gradually increase it. This will allow your blender blades to crush the frozen fruit first.
Helpful Smoothie Questions And Answers
Best Time To Drink Weight Loss Banana Flax Smoothie?
The best time to drink is for breakfast as a meal replacement. It will not only help you feel full and aid weight loss, but also help with your bowel movements, which can help reduce bloating and make your stomach appear flatter.
How Many Flaxseeds Smoothie Should I Drink a Day To Lose Weight?
Flaxseed smoothie should be consumed once a day, more than once isn't necessary. However, to ensure you maximise your chances of fat loss, try to be more physically active and cut down on calories where possible.
Can I Blend The Smoothie The Night Before?
Yes! You can prepare the smoothie the night before, ready to be taken on the go for breakfast. Just shake it before you drink.