If you enjoy oatmeal, then you will be well aware of how critical it is that you get good-quality oats for your smoothies. Some options are just much healthier than others, and some will provide a better texture.
This is why we are here to compare some of the best options for you and let you know which are best for adding to your smoothies!
Our Choices For The Best Oats For Smoothies!
We have picked out what we believe to be the best oats you can use in a smoothie. There should be at least one of these 5 options available near you! Let’s take a look at what oats you should be buying pronto!
#1. Bobs Red Mill Oats
This is a great option and is our first choice. It has a great price for what it offers, which is a whopping 8 lb bag of oats! These oats are also vegetarian, vegan, and wholegrain, and will provide you with 7 grams of protein per serving!
So, if you wanted something wholegrain as well as being vegetarian and vegan, these oats are the obvious choice! They offer you awesome amounts of oats at a price that is ideal for what you get.
- Delicious taste.
- Affordable for those on a budget.
- Bulk amount. Will last a long time!
- Some consumers have complained that the bag has arrived opened.
- The flavor can be ‘off’.
- May have a ‘rubbery’ kind of texture.
#2. GF Harvest Rolled Oats
Maybe you would prefer something that is gluten-free. If this is you then these rolled oats are a must-buy!
They come in packs of 41 ounces, and are gluten-free, whole grain, nut-free, wheat-free, and GMO-free! They will also provide you with 7 grams of protein for every serving!
When you buy these oats you get 41 ounces at a very good price, they are also gluten-free, so do not worry about any gluten allergies, they have your back!
- Caters to many.
- Very tasty.
- The flavor is a bit different from some other options.
- Food allergies can still be an issue.
- Has been said to taste bland to some.
#3. Quaker Organic Oats
Perhaps you would rather have something more ‘mainstream’, from a popular brand with an organic recipe. If so, quaker organic oats are for you! You will get 96 ounces of organic, wholegrain oats that contain 4 grams of protein for every serving.
When you buy these oats you get 96 ounces, which is sure to last a while, it does offer 4 grams of protein per serving as well, which is great, but a bit less than our aforementioned choices.
- Great price.
- Healthy alternative.
- Popular & easy to find.
- The texture might be a bit ‘off’.
- Not as flavor-packed as some other options.
- Some consumers have received the incorrect amount.
- Not as budget-friendly as others.
- Less protein than some other options.
#4. Natures Path Oats
Perhaps you have a taste for the more natural options, if this sounds like you, perhaps these oats are best for you. With these oats, you can get 108 ounces of wholegrain, vegetarian, organic, non-GMO oats, with 5 grams of protein for every serving.
You will get plenty of oats when you buy these, so they will last you a fair while. Also, since they are GMO-free and free of unwanted chemicals made from whole grains, they are everything oats should be!
- Good price.
- Easy to prep.
- Very filling.
- Poor flavor.
- Seals can be broken in some cases.
- Some consumers have reported containers sometimes contain black bits.
- Not as much protein as some other options.
#5. Quaker Instant Oatmeal
For those of us who prefer a simpler variety, these oats are just better for us. You get 59.2 ounces when you buy these oats, and you get different flavors, with protein, whole grains, and calcium. However, you only get around 3 grams of protein per serving.
You do get plenty of oats here though and for a good price. The highlight here is that you get plenty of different flavors you can try, which allows you to find the oats you like the most in an easy and efficient manner.
- Good flavors.
- Very budget-friendly.
- Provides you with plenty of oatmeal.
- Flavor variations.
- Less than favorable flavor ratios.
- Too much sugar for some.
- Not necessarily healthy due to its sugar content.
- Significantly less protein than some other options.
Reasons You Should Add Oats To Your Smoothies
Oats are very commonly found in breakfast cereal and granola bars which we all know is good for us and a healthy way for us to start our days, so it only makes sense for us to add them to our morning smoothies.
Oats are heart-healthy and help to lower cholesterol while improving digestion and keeping blood sugar balanced.
They are a healthy option that fills us up, which is a great idea for those who are on weight loss journeys as it can help to stave off hunger and prevent snacking throughout the day. Oats also help to bulk up smoothies and add more substance to them overall.
Oats Smoothie Benefits
- Oats are highly nutritious and are loaded with minerals, vitamins, fiber, and protein to help our bodies stay healthy.
- Oats are antioxidant-rich helping to reduce the likelihood of chronic diseases. They are even known to lower blood pressure.
- Oats are fiber-heavy, which helps to reduce blood sugar and insulin responses. This also encourages healthy stomach bacteria growth.
- Oats can help in relieving constipation due to their soluble fiber content.
- Oats help to improve skin health.
Oats can be brilliant for your health and they help to add something special to your smoothies. If you are on a weight loss diet we highly recommend adding them to help you feel fuller and still get essential nutrition.
Nonetheless, oats are awesome!