Blackberry pineapple smoothie that has both incredible color and taste. Made with 4 simple healthy ingredients, perfect for an instant nutrient boost.
This pineapple blackberry smoothie tastes just as good as it sounds. I added some chia seeds for extra protein and fiber, as well as a heart-healthy fat. This smoothie has everything you need.
Why Use Blackberries In Smoothies
Blackberries have so many benefits, not just health benefits, but benefits they add to the smoothies, such as amazing colour and taste!
There are 43 calories per 100g/about 2/3 cup of blackberries.
- They contain a decent dose of vitamin C and Vitamin K
- They have a good amount of fiber
- Surprisingly, they also contain some protein too.
- They are high in manganese
- And they help support oral health as well
Quite a lot of goodness, right? So make sure you get yourself some blackberries!
Pineapple Blackberry Smoothie Benefits
Even though the smoothie recipe for this pineapple blackberry smoothie only contains 4 ingredients, it still has many benefits to offer.
Here’s a breakdown of the top benefits of drinking this blackberry smoothie:
- Rich in Antioxidants: Both blackberries and pineapple are rich in antioxidants like vitamin C, which can help fight off oxidative stress and inflammation.
- High In Fiber: With ingredients like blackberries and chia seeds, this smoothie is a good source of fiber, which can aid in digestion and promote a feeling of fullness.
- Electrolyte Replenishment: The coconut water used as the base of the smoothie is a natural source of electrolytes like potassium, making this drink a good option for hydration and electrolyte balance.
- Rich In Omega-3 Fatty Acids: The chia seeds used in the blackberry shake are an excellent source of plant-based Omega-3 fatty acids, which have been associated with heart health.
- Rich In Vitamins and Minerals: Besides vitamin C, this smoothie also contains some calcium and various other vitamins and minerals, which can contribute to overall health.
- Low in Saturated Fat: This smoothie is low in saturated fats, which can be beneficial for maintaining a healthy cholesterol profile.
How To Make Pineapple And Blackberry Smoothie
You will need:
- Fresh Blackberries
- Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- Chia Seeds
- Coconut Water
The way you make this pineapple blackberry smoothie recipe is so easy, you add your ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
Serve and enjoy! I served this smoothie with some ice for extra freshness.
Blackberry Recipe Customization
Since blackberries mix very well with most ingredients, you have plenty of options to customize this smoothie.
Here are some of the options:
- For a double berry, you can make a strawberry blackberry pineapple smoothie, by adding 1/3 cup of frozen or fresh strawberries to your blender.
- If you are not vegan, you can add 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt for a creamier smoothie with more protein content.
- I made this recipe again recently, and I added a tablespoon of almond butter, which made the smoothie taste a bit richer.
- For something unique, add a teaspoon of vanilla, it can really enhance the taste of the smoothie.
- Instead of coconut water, you can use dairy-free milk of choice, coconut milk or almond milk can work just fine.
Blackberry Frequently Asked Questions:
Does Pineapple And Blackberry Go Together?
Pineapple and blackberries work very well together, especially in juices and smoothies. But they can also be great in fruit salads too.
What Fruit Mixes Well With Blackberries?
Blackberries mix very well with many fruits. The best are pineapple, pears, apples, bananas, plums and more.
What Flavors Blend Well With Blackberry?
Blackberries blend very well with yogurt, bananas, seeds, nut butter, tropical and even chocolate protein powders!
More Blackberry Smoothie Recipes You May Like:
Blackberry Pineapple Smoothie [4-Ingredients]
- 1 cup/150g of frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup/75g of fresh blackberries washed
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 cup/230ml of coconut water
- Prepare your ingredients as described and measure them.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blitz until completely smooth. Blending for 3-4 minutes is typically enough to achieve the perfect smooth consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!