This vegan blueberry protein smoothie is an easy and delicious way to get lots of protein in your diet.
The smoothie takes 5 minutes to make, and it’s super convenient if you are busy and often grab food on the go.
Why Make This Blueberry Protein Smoothie Recipe
One of the main reasons a lot of my readers and relatives adore this recipe, is simply because of how easy it is to make, and the practicality behind it.
When a delicious high protein snack takes 5 minutes to make, why wouldn’t you want to make it?
This dairy-free protein smoothie with blueberries also has many benefits to offer too once consumed. Below are some of them:
- Nutrient-Rich: The smoothie contains a variety of nutrients from the ingredients sued, providing a balanced mix of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Protein Boost: The protein powder in the drink contributes to the smoothie’s protein content. If you work out, or simply require more protein in your diet, this smoothie can offer a lot of it in one serving.
- Antioxidant Boost: Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, which may help protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals and support overall health.
- High In Dietary Fiber: The smoothie contains dietary fiber from the fruits and seeds used, which can aid digestion and help you feel full.
- Boosts Energy: The natural sugars from the banana and blueberries in the drink, along with the protein, can provide a quick but steady energy boost.
- It’s a Tasty Source Of Hydration: The almond milk and ice cubes contribute to your daily fluid intake, helping to keep you hydrated.
- Potential for Weight Management: The combination of protein, fiber, and healthy fats may help keep you full, reducing the likelihood of overeating or snacking on less healthy options.
- Easy To Make: People with busy lifestyles can benefit of this blueberry smoothie the most. Simply because the smoothie takes less than 5 minutes to make, and it can be taken on the go.
Does The Smoothie Help With Weight Gain or Weight Loss?
Now this is a question I get a lot.
The answer is it depends. It mostly depends on your lifestyle and what else you eat during the day.
The shake can suit both goals; weight loss and weight gain, as long as you plan your meals and calories accordingly to achieve the result you want.
Here’s how I use this smoothie when I am wanting to lose weight or gain:
For Weight Gain:
If I am trying to gain weight, I would include this blueberry shake as a snack, rather than as a meal replacement.
I will also ensure that I eat more calories than I burn, which will result in weight gain.
For Weight Loss:
For weight loss purposes, I would use this smoothie as a meal replacement. I typically replace my usual breakfast with this smoothie.
This allows me to cut down on a lot of calories, since I usually have a pretty big breakfast. The smoothie is also quite filling, thanks to the protein and fiber.
However, along with that, I also carefully watch my calories; ensuring I am in a calorie deficit at the end of the day for a successful weight loss.
Blueberry Protein Shake Frequently Asked Questions:
How To Store Leftover Homemade High Protein Blueberry Smoothie?
To store the berry smoothie to last longer or to drink it later, once it's blended, transfer it to an air-tight container or a smoothie bottle. Close the lids tightly, and put the smoothie in the fridge. Consume it within 2 days. Shake before consumption.
What Does The Blueberry Smoothie Taste Like?
The taste will very much depend on the type of protein powder you use. I personally used unsweetened and unflavored powder. This allowed for the smoothie to taste more fruity, without any background artificial taste.
How Many Grams Of Protein Are In a Blueberry Smoothie?
The homemade blueberry shake contains 25g of protein per serving. However, the amount of protein can vary, depending on the type of protein powder you use.
More Protein Smoothie Recipes:
Vegan Blueberry Protein Smoothie
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen blueberries
- 1 medium-sized banana peeled and diced
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice
- 1/2 cup/120ml unsweetened almond milk
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed or chia seeds
- Prepare and measure the ingredients as instructed in the ingredients list.
- Place all ingredients in the blender.
- Process until smooth. Add a tiny bit more milk if needed to create the desired consistency. Serve immediately.