Carrot strawberry smoothie recipe that may sound a bit strange, but it is one you must try before you judge!
Typically, carrots would be juiced when it comes to drinking them. But, this strawberry carrot smoothie contains the whole thing.
Of course, the carrot was steamed/boiled beforehand, but the nutritional values of this smoothie are just incredibly high.
Vitamin A is the best thing here. Oh and fiber as well!
This strawberry banana carrot smoothie is thick, mainly because of the banana & boiled carrots. It’s so yummy and beautifully colorful.
It’s absolutely suitable for a vegan diet and it’s dairy-free too, of course.
The carrot can be cooked any way you like. You could even use leftover roasted carrots. I recently did a chicken roast last week and had a ton of leftover maple-glazed roasted carrots.
I added some anti-inflammatory turmeric as well to this smoothie, for color but also for the boosted nutritional value of this smoothie recipe.
Carrot And Strawberry Smoothie Benefits
Some of the benefits of this mango and berry smoothie were mentioned earlier, but not all of them were.
This smoothie is incredibly good for you, it contains numerous vitamins, minerals, and properties that help support your health.
Here’s a more detailed breakdown of the benefits of drinking this fruit carrot smoothie:
- Nutrient-Rich: The carrots, bananas, and strawberries used in the smoothie contain essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, potassium, and fiber.
- Antioxidant Boost: Strawberries and turmeric are good sources of antioxidants, which can help fight oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Dietary Fiber: The fruits and vegetables in the smoothie provide a decent amount of fiber, which can aid in digestion and promote a feeling of fullness.
- Heart Health: Ingredients like strawberries have been linked to improved heart health due to their antioxidant properties.
- May Aid In Weight Loss: The smoothie is filling and relatively low in calories, making it a good option for weight loss, especially if you use it as a meal replacement.
How To Make Strawberry Carrot Banana Smoothie
You will need these ingredients:
- Cooked Carrots
- Dairy-Free Milk
To make this carrot and strawberry smoothie, add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz until smooth.
You can serve it over ice for extra freshness if you like.
Carrot Strawberry Banana Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions:
What Are The Benefits Of Carrots In a Smoothie?
Carrots are not only beneficial to your health and eyes, but when added to your smoothies, they can also thicken them. Carrots are also high in fiber which may help decrease blood pressure by reducing the amount of cholesterol.
Can Raw Carrots Be Blended?
You can blend carrot raw, however, ensure that you have a powerful blender, otherwise, you may end up with bits in your smoothie.
Do You Peel Carrots For Smoothies?
Carrot skins contain quite a bit of fiber in them. You can blend the carrots with or without the skin. It really doesn’t matter, though.
Recipe Variations And Substitutions
The ingredients I used to make this carrot drink shouldn’t necessarily be ingredients you have at home or like.
This is why I have left some options for you below for alternative ingredients you can use to make this strawberry carrot beverage:
- I used boiled carrots but you can use any type of carrot you like; steamed, raw, and even pureed.
- Instead of bananas, you can use mango, pineapple, and even avocado for a low sugar recipe.
- If you like nutty smoothies, a tablespoon of peanut butter can work really well with this smoothie!
- For extra creaminessm, and if you are not vegan, add a couple of tablespoons of Greek yogurt.
Carrot Strawberry Smoothie
- 1 Blender
- 1/2 cup/75g carrots chunks steamed or boiled
- 1/2 cup/75g frozen banana slices
- 1/2 cup/75g of strawberries trimmed
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric
- 1 cup/250ml of dairy free milk unsweetened
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
- Serve and drink up!