Chocolate Sandwich Cookies that are crispy on the outside, gooey in the middle, and chocolate Cremeux filling. If you like chocolate, you will like this cookie sandwich recipe. Double chocolate gooey perfection.
Making your own chocolate Cremeux is quite easy, and we highly recommend that you learn how to make chocolate Cremeux because it can be used for many many desserts.
The sandwich cookie recipe is perfect if you want to make a nice present for someone. They are beautiful, and you can decorate them and put them nicely in a box.
Or, you could just make them for your family and enjoy them!
How To Make Double Chocolate Sandwich Cookies:
You will need:
For the cookie dough:
4. Sugar – White & Brown
5. Bicarb + Baking Powder
6. Cocoa Powder
For The Chocolate Cremeux Flling
2. Double Cream
3. Egg Yolks
5. Chocolate Chips
To make the best chocolate sandwich cookies – you will need to make the chocolate Cremeux first and chill it so that it cools and solidifies a bit. If you don’t want the hassle of making your own chocolate filling, you can use Nutella or other chocolate spread.
After that, the cookie dough is made!
The cookie dough is made, by beating the sugars with the butter using a kitchen aid. The egg is added and mixed in. Then the rest of the ingredients are folded in.
The cookie dough is shaped into 2.30oz/65g balls. Then baked. Let the cookie cool slightly on the tray, so they can harden up before moving them to a wire rack.
Once the cookies are fully cooled, using a piping bag, pipe the chocolate filling onto half the cookies, then press another one on top to sandwich them.
You can fold Chocolate chips into the cookie dough if you like, and want it extra chocolatey. We certainly recommend it, especially if you have sweet tooth!
See below for the full recipe!
More Cookie Recipes:
1. Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
2. Almond Kisses Cookie Recipe
3. Easy Lemon Cookies With Icing
We hope you like these Chocolate Sandwich Cookies! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- For The Chocolate Cookies
- 140g / 2/3 cup of butter soft at room temp
- 140g /2/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 170g / 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp of caster sugar
- 250g /1 3/4 cups of plain flour
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 2 Pinchs of salt
- 2 tbsp good quality dark cocoa powder
- For The Chocolate Cremeux:
- 200 ml of Double Cream
- 200 ml of Whole Milk
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 4 tbsp/40g of granulated Sugar
- 1 cup/170g of Dark Chocolate Chips
- First Make The Chocolate Filling:
- In a deep bowl, add the chocolate chips.
- Using a deep pot, add the double cream and milk and bring it to a simmer, then take it off the heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar.
- Slowly pour the hot milk/cream mixture to the egg bowl whisking constantly.
- Pour the whisked eggs with milk and cream back into the pot, and cook on low heat whisking constantly, until it thickens slightly.
- Once you notice it's thicking up, pour the thick-ish mixture onto your chocolate bowl using a sieve to catch all the lumps.
- Mix well, then let the chocolate cremeux cool completely.
- Now make the cookies:
- Beat the sugars and butter together until creamy using a kitchen aid with the paddle attached.
- Add the egg, mix, then fold in the flour, cocoa, bicarb, baking powder and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 360F/180C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape the cookie dough to 2.30oz/65g balls. Should make about 12. And place 4 each per baking sheet with plenty of space between them. Do not flatten them, they will flatten naturally when they bake.
- Bake in the oven for 13 minutes for gooey middle, or 15-16 minute for crispier cookies.
- Let them cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before moving them to a wire rack and repeating the process with the rest of the cookies.
- Once the cookies are cooled completely, using a piping bag, pipe the chocolate filling onto half the cookies, then press another one on top to sandwich them.
- Ginger Pear Smoothie [Immune-Boosting] - March 28, 2023
- Lime Smoothie [Healthy & Easy] - March 27, 2023
- Chocolate Cottage Cheese Smoothie - March 26, 2023