This Colon Cleanse Pear And Beetroot Smoothie is perfect after a period of eating junk such as after a vacation, or just for a routine weekly/monthly colon detox.
We like to drink colon cleanse smoothies after a night of eating junk or drinking a bit too much. After a night out particularly, the next morning, the first thing we like to do is have one of those colon cleanse smoothies.
We highly recommend you drink this smoothie right after you wake up on an empty stomach for better results.
People say our gut is our second brain, it’s so important to keep it healthy.
The small intestine is the organ whose main function is to eliminate waste from our body, as well as to extract the water and the essential salts that our digestion produces.
Maintaining a healthy colon is the guarantee of good health because its function is vital for other organs to function properly. Our immune system and gut health go hand-in-hand.
What Makes This Smoothie a Colon Cleanse Smoothie?
Well – for starters we have a high dose of fiber in this colon detox smoothie.
- Pears – contain several compounds that improve digestion, including fiber, sorbitol, and fructose. Pears also contain high levels of water, which can help to ease digestion, prevent constipation, and help things move in the colon.
- Beetroot – One cup of beetroot contains 3.4 grams of fiber, making beetroot a great source of fiber. Fiber bypasses digestion and heads down to the colon, where it either feeds the friendly gut bacteria or adds bulk to stool.
- Spinach – Eating dark, leafy greens like spinach, kale, and chard is a great way to cleanse your colon since they are high in fiber and help things move.
- Flaxseeds – are a great source of fiber and plant protein. Eating flaxseed seems to increase bowel movements in young adults and help people with diabetes.
Only 5 ingredients are needed to make this amazing stomach detox smoothie! It’s also naturally dairy-free and vegan.
The recipe is incredibly easy too – all ingredients simply go into a high-speed blender and are blitzed until smooth. Voila!
Check Out Some More Gut-Cleansing Smoothie Recipes:
We hope you like this colon cleanse pear and beetroot smoothie recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Colon Cleanse Pear And Beetroot Smoothie
- 1 small pear washed cored and diced
- 1 medium-sized raw beetroot or steamed beetroot unflavoured
- 1 small handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp of flaxseeds
- 1 cup/220ml of cold water
- Wash the pear and prepare it as instructed above. Do not peel the pear, as most of it's fiber is in the skin, just make sure you wash it well.
- If using a raw beetroot, make sure you peel it and dice it. Wash the spinach as well.
- Once the veggies are prepared - add all ingredients to a blender and blitz until smooth. Should take about 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.