Easy Crispy & Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies that have the perfect textures of crispy and chewy.
We can classify these cookies as old-fashioned oatmeal raisin cookies – since they taste just like our grandma used to make them for us.
Oatmeal raisin cookies without brown sugar – can be made without it yes. Simply use just caster sugar and the end results wouldn’t change that much. We like to create customizable recipes because we want you to make every recipe you try – yours!
Chewy oatmeal cookies don’t really require any type of oats, but we went for old-fashioned oats.
Recipe can be made gluten-free too! Simply use gluten-free flour and gluten-free oats. The end result wouldn’t change much at all!
We hope you like this Crispy & Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Crispy & Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C, & line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy
- Then add in the egg and mix until completely mixed through.
- Add the flour, oats, and mix well.
- Then fold the raisins in the cookie mix.
- Put the cookie dough to chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Shape 6-7 cookies and place them onto the 2 baking sheets (do not flatten them, keep them ball-like shape) Bake in preheated oven 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are lightly golden
- Allow to cool about 2-3 minutes on a baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Or enjoy them warm, like we did 😀
Cookies will last in an air-tight container for up to 3 days or up to a week in the fridge.