Cucumbers have many, many benefits. One of those is weight loss. So, I decided to make a cucumber smoothie for weight loss!
It’s a smoothie made out of greens only. it contains multiple different superfoods, and it’s also totally dairy-free and vegan-friendly!
Does Cucumber Smoothie Help With Weight Loss?
Is cucumber shake good for weight loss? Yes, cucumber smoothies are great for weight loss. Cucumbers are very very low in calories, making them a great weight loss food.
However, cucumbers have other properties that assist weight loss, such as water. Cucumbers are around 96% water!
Hydration is key when it comes to weight loss, consuming more water leads to more satiety.
But cucumbers also contain many many other nutrients and goodness that are beneficial to your body.
So yes, cucumber smoothies can definitely help your weight loss journey!
Cucumber Smoothie Benefits
Cucumber smoothies for weight loss offer many more benefits than just weight loss.
Here are the benefits of drinking cucumber smoothies:
- Rich in Nutrients: The smoothie is nutrient-dense that provides vitamins like A, C, and K, as well as minerals like calcium and iron.
- Fiber Content: The cucumbers, kale, and chia seeds used in the drink offer a good amount of dietary fiber, aiding in digestion and promoting a feeling of fullness.
- Skin Health: The vitamins and antioxidants in the smoothie can contribute to better skin health.
- Hydration: Coconut water is a good source of hydration as well as the cucumbers, proving a delicious way to hydrate your body.
- Low in Calories: Most of the ingredients used are generally low-calorie, making this smoothie a good option for weight loss when consumed as part of a balanced diet.
- Antioxidant Properties: Both kale and avocado used in the cucumber shake contain antioxidants that can help fight free radicals in the body.
- Bone Health: Both kale and chia seeds are good sources of calcium, which is important for bone health.
- Healthy Fats: The avocado used is rich in monounsaturated fats, which are heart-healthy and can help lower bad cholesterol levels.
And many more!
How to Make Cucumber Smoothie For Weight Loss
Cucumber as you know is quite water, but I like thick smoothies.
So I used a bit of creamy avocado which not only helped thicken the smoothie, but also provide numerous benefits to it too.
Avocado also helps with satiety too, so this cucumber smoothie is definitely great for weight loss!
You will need these ingredients to make this kale cucumber weight loss smoothie:
- Coconut Water
- Chia Seeds
To make this cucumber smoothie for belly fat – add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz!
Serve with ice if you like. Enjoy!
Swaps And Variations Of This Cucumber Drink
There are some swaps and variations of this cucumber smoothie for weight loss recipe that you can make.
Below are the options:
- Use spinach instead of kale if that’s what you have at home.
- For a sweeter smoothie, you can add 1/2 cup of frozen mango or pineapple instead of avocado.
- Instead of chia seeds, you can use oats instead of nut butter, such as almond butter.
- Coconut water can be difficult to find in some places, so you can either use plain water, or use dairy-free milk, just make sure it’s unsweetened.
- You can use frozen cucumber for an even thicker and refreshing smoothie!
More Cucumber Smoothie Recipes:
Cucumber Smoothie For Weight Loss
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1/2 cup/75g of sliced cucumbers
- 1/3 avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup/230ml coconut water
- 1 handful of kale washed
- Slice a cucumber and measure 1/2 cup from the slices. Wash the kale, and prepare the avocado as instructed.
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender starting with the kale and coconut water. Blitz until smooth.
- The blending should take between 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!