Dark Chocolate M&ms Cookies recipe, perfect if you are a lover of m&ms + dark chocolate.
We love, love m&ms in our household. We’ve previously done an m&m chip cookie recipe, but this time, we decided to add dark cocoa powder and make it chocolatey.
These dark chocolate m&m cookies are crispy on the outside, gooey in the middle, and crunchy from the m&m chips.
We used dark chocolate m&ms specifically for this recipe, but you can also use regular ones or dark chocolate peanut m&ms.
What’s really awesome about these cookies is that they are gooey in the middle, and crispy on the outside. I mean, at least to us, the best cookies are gooey in the middle and crispy on the outside. And these cookies are exactly that.
The m&ms in these cookies also give them an extra crunch.
The recipe calls for your standard pantry ingredients; nothing fancy going on, you probably have most of the ingredients in your home already.
How To Make Dark Chocolate M&ms Cookies:
You will need:
1. Dark Chocolate M&ms
5. Sugar – White & Brown
6. Bicarb + Baking Powder
7. Cocoa Powder
The cookie dough is made, by beating the sugars with the butter in a bowl, or ideally by using a kitchen aid. The egg is added and mixed in. Then the rest of the ingredients are folded in.
The cookie dough is shaped into 2.30oz/65g balls. Then baked. Let the cookie cool slightly on the tray, so they can harden up before moving them to a wire rack.
More Cookie Recipes:
We hope you like these Dark Chocolate M&ms Cookies! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Dark Chocolate M&ms Cookies
- 140g / 2/3 cup of butter soft at room temp
- 140g /2/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 170g / 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp of caster sugar
- 250g /1 3/4 cups of plain flour
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 2 Pinchs of salt
- 3 tbsp good quality dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup/170g dark m&ms
- Beat the sugars and butter together until creamy in a bowl or using a kitchen aid.
- Add the egg, mix, then fold in the flour, cocoa, bicarb, baking powder and salt.
- Finally, fold in the dark m&ms into the cookie dough.
- Preheat the oven to 360F/180C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape the cookie dough to 2.30oz/65g balls. Should make about 12. And place 4 each per baking sheet with plenty of space between them. Do not flatten them, they will flatten naturally when they bake.
- Bake in the oven for 13 minutes for gooey middle, or 15-16 minute for crispier cookies.
- Let them cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before moving them to a wire rack and repeating the process with the rest of the cookies.
Cookies will last in an air-tight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.