This healthy, nutritious Diabetic-Friendly Beetroot Smoothie Bowl is the perfect way to start your day. It’s easy, quick, tasty, and full of goodness. It’s refreshing, filling, and done in under 5 minutes.
Creamy, velvety diabetic-friendly smoothie that comes out in 5 minutes, tastes delicious and is naturally gluten-free, and dairy-free.
I’ve got an uncle that has got diabetes, and I know what a struggle it is to find/eat suitable diabetes-friendly meals.
This sugar-free diabetes-friendly smoothie bowl is fabulous for breakfast, for an afternoon pick-me-up.
Beets contain an antioxidant called alpha-lipoic acid. This compound may help lower glucose levels and increase insulin sensitivity.
How To Make Diabetes-Friendly Smoothie Bowl:
What’s in this sugar-free smoothie bowl:
1.Raw Beetroot – as we mentioned above, beetroots are the superfood for people with diabetes.
2.Spinach – is low in starch. Filling up with leafy greens like spinach is a great way to keep your blood sugar levels in check.
3.Frozen Avocado – is packed full of vitamins, nutrients, and fiber. The low-carb, high-fiber ratio is great for blood sugar stability.
4.Unsweetened Coconut Milk – is light on calories, sugar, and carbs, making it a good choice of drink for diabetics.
5.Chia Seeds – are packed with fiber, protein and do not spike the blood sugar.
Once you have peeled and diced your raw beetroot – add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender. If you have a Vitamix blender, it will be quick and easy to make it thick. However, if you have a regular blender, if your blender struggles to blend, you may need to add more liquid, which may lead the smoothie to be a bit looser for a smoothie bowl.
Blend everything until completely smooth.
Pour to a serving bowl and enjoy!
A full recipe breakdown and measured ingredients are below.
We hope you like this Diabetic-Friendly Beetroot Smoothie Bowl recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Diabetic-Friendly Beetroot Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup/150g of raw beetroot peeled and diced
- 1 cup/220ml of unsweetened coconut milk or water
- 1 a handful of fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1/2 of frozen avocado in chunks
- Prepare the raw beetroots as described above, and add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender. If you have a vitamix blender, it will be quick and easy to make it thick. However, if you have a regular blender, if your blender struggles to blend, you may need to add more liquid.
- Blend everything until completely smooth.
- Pour to a serving bowl and enjoy!
- Coconut Milk Smoothie For Weight Loss - March 29, 2023
- Ginger Pear Smoothie [Immune-Boosting] - March 28, 2023
- Lime Smoothie [Healthy & Easy] - March 27, 2023