Diabetic-Friendly Chocolate Smoothie Bowl – that’s creamy, refreshing, healthy, and perfect for people watching their sugar intake.
Made with just a handful of ingredients, the creaminess comes from a ripe avocado and the sweetness from just a few slices of frozen banana. This delicious chocolate diabetic smoothie bowl recipe is also considered low carb, dairy-free, vegan and gluten-free.
This delicious smoothie bowl recipe is perfect for breakfast. Top the smoothie with your desired toppings for the ultimate nutrient bomb.
Can Diabetics Eat Smoothie Bowls?
Absolutely! With a couple of substitutions, you can definitely have a smoothie bowl as a diabetic.
Smoothies bowls are known to be loaded with sugar, especially fruit sugar, so you will need to limit the amount when you make diabetic-friendly smoothies.
How To Make Diabetic-Friendly Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
In this recipe, we have used a couple of ingredients only!
You will need:
1. A couple of slices of frozen bananas
2. Ripe Avocado
3. Cocoa Powder
4. Dairy-free Milk (we used almond)
It’s important that you freeze the banana beforehand, it really makes a huge difference using a frozen banana. Makes everything a lot more refreshing, thick and delicious.
Once you have got the frozen banana chunks, all the ingredients are added to a blender and blitzed to smooth perfection!
If you don’t like bananas, feel free to sub it for another fruit, or liquid sweetener, like maple syrup, even stevia if you want to go full keto.
We only used half a banana for the smoothie, so it’s not overly sweet, feel free to up the amount of banana or sweetener you use to suit your preference.
More Diabetic-Friendly Smoothie Recipes:
1. Sugar-Free Keto Smoothie
2. Diabetic-Friendly Beetroot Smoothie Bowl
3. Diabetic-Friendly Green Smoothie
We hope you like this Diabetic-Friendly Chocolate Smoothie Bowl recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Diabetic-Friendly Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
- 1 small ripe avocado peeled and stoned
- 1-2 thick slices of frozen banana
- 1 tbsp of cacao powder unsweetened or cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup/120ml of dairy free milk unsweetened
- Once you have got the frozen banana chunks, all the ingredients are added to a blender and blitzed to smooth perfection!
- Serve and enjoy!
- Ginger Pear Smoothie [Immune-Boosting] - March 28, 2023
- Lime Smoothie [Healthy & Easy] - March 27, 2023
- Chocolate Cottage Cheese Smoothie - March 26, 2023