A smoothie with 5 different greens, Diabetic-Friendly Green Smoothie – all immune-boosting, super nutritious, and detoxing. A perfect way to start the day!
A perfect diabetes-friendly detoxing smoothie, that’s bursting with goodness and is super easy to make.
As I’ve mentioned before – I’ve got an uncle that has got diabetes, and I know what a struggle it is to find/eat suitable diabetes-friendly meals.
This diabetes-friendly detoxing smoothie is fabulous for breakfast, or for an afternoon pick-me-up.
Are Green Smoothies Good For Diabetics?
Green smoothies are a great healthy choice for diabetics. They contain a lot of vital vitamins and minerals.
They can also help reduce blood sugar, which is very important for diabetics.
Most green smoothies are suitable for diabetics. However, always make sure you check the ingredients if you are buying green smoothies.
Some green smoothies may contain too much sugar and carbs.
It’s always best to make your own green smoothies, especially if you are diabetic.
What Are The Best Leafy Greens For Diabetics?
It’s essential that you choose the right leafy greens for diabetic smoothies.
Here’s a list of the best leafy greens for diabetics:
- Beet Greens
- Swiss Chard
How To Make Diabetes-Friendly Green Smoothie:
What’s in this diabetic-friendly smoothie:
1. Green Apple – contains a compound called pectin, a fiber source that works as a prebiotic to promote the growth of healthy bacteria in your gut. The pectin found in green apples can help you break down foods more efficiently.
2. Spinach – is low in starch. Filling up with leafy greens like spinach is a great way to keep your blood sugar levels in check.
3. Avocado – is packed full of vitamins, nutrients, and fiber. The low-carb, high-fiber ratio is great for blood sugar stability.
4. Celery – contains vitamin C, beta carotene, and flavonoids, but there are at least 12 additional kinds of antioxidant nutrients found in a single stalk.
5. Cucumbers- are high in nutrients. Cucumbers are low in calories but high in many important vitamins and minerals. They also pack an incredible amount of water.
6. Fresh Ginger – may drastically lower blood sugars and improve heart disease risk factors. Helps in digestion and has anti-inflammatory detox properties.
Wash the fresh veggies, then dice them. Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender with some water and blitz until smooth.
That’s it! Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
A full recipe breakdown and measured ingredients are below.
We hope you like this Diabetic-Friendly Green Smoothie recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Diabetic-Friendly Green Smoothie
- 1 cup/30g of spinach
- 1/4 avocado flesh scooped out
- 1 medium-sized green apple diced
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 1 cup/200ml of cold water
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 small handful of celery diced
- Wash the fresh veggies and prepare them as described above.
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blitz until completely smooth. About 2-3 minutes.
- Is Premier Protein Good For You: Answered - May 28, 2023
- Blueberry Weight Loss Smoothie - May 28, 2023
- Meal Replacement vs Protein Shake - May 27, 2023