A smoothie with 5 different greens, Diabetic-Friendly Green Smoothie – all immune-boosting, super nutritious, and detoxing. A perfect way to start the day!
A perfect diabetes-friendly detoxing smoothie, that’s bursting with goodness and is super easy to make.
As I’ve mentioned before – I’ve got an uncle that has got diabetes, and I know what a struggle it is to find/eat suitable diabetes-friendly meals.
This diabetes-friendly detoxing smoothie is fabulous for breakfast, or for an afternoon pick-me-up.
How To Make Diabetes-Friendly Green Smoothie:
What’s in this diabetic-friendly smoothie:
1. Green Apple – contain a compound called pectin, a fiber source that works as a prebiotic to promote the growth of healthy bacteria in your gut. The pectin found in green apples can help you break down foods more efficiently.
2. Spinach – is low in starch. Filling up with leafy greens like spinach is a great way to keep your blood sugar levels in check.
3. Avocado – is packed full of vitamins, nutrients, and fiber. The low-carb, high-fiber ratio is great for blood sugar stability.
4. Celery – contains vitamin C, beta carotene, and flavonoids, but there are at least 12 additional kinds of antioxidant nutrients found in a single stalk.
5. Cucumber- are high in nutrients. Cucumbers are low in calories but high in many important vitamins and minerals. They also pack an incredible amount of water.
6. Fresh Ginger – may drastically lower blood sugars and improve heart disease risk factors. Helps indigestion and has anti-inflammatory detox properties.
Wash the fresh veggies, then dice them. Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender with some water and blitz until smooth.
That’s it! Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
A full recipe breakdown and measured ingredients are below.
We hope you like this Diabetic-Friendly Green Smoothie recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Diabetic-Friendly Green Smoothie
- 1 cup/30g of spinach
- 1/4 avocado flesh scooped out
- 1 medium-sized green apple diced
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 1 cup/200ml of cold water
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 small handful of celery diced
- Wash the fresh veggies and prepare them as described above.
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blitz until completely smooth. About 2-3 minutes.