Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies that are easy to make, chocolate, crispy on the outside, and nutty and soft in the middle. These delicious hazelnut cookies are also gluten-free!
We made flour from the hazelnuts. You might wonder how the heck we did that? – The method is so simple it will definitely surprise you; Literally, put hazelnuts into a blender, and blitz, after a minute it will all turn to a flour-like consistency. That’s it. You have hazelnut flour made in 1 minute!
We tend to over-use almond meal(flour) but we thought we could start making our own nut flours, and this time we went for hazelnuts. Because hazelnuts and chocolate work so well together.
If you like Nutella, chocolate, and cookies, you will love these Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies, because basically, we have all the main flavors Nutella has in this cookie recipe.
A cookie recipe you will absolutely love!
How To Make Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies:
You will need:
You will need to make the hazelnut flour first, by blending hazelnuts in a blender.
The butter is beaten with the sugar, then the egg is added and mixed until smooth.
The rest of the ingredients are then added in.
Shape the dough into round cookies (you may need to spoon the mixture since it may be a little bit wet)
Bake and let them cool on the tray so they can harden.
More Cookie Recipes:
1.3-Ingredient Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
2. Easy Amaretti Cookies Recipe
3. Healthy Fluffy Paleo Pumpkin Cookies
We hope you like this Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Double Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- 1 cup/100g of hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 small egg
- 1/ cup/50g of caster sugar
- 1/4 cup/25g of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup/50g of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- You will need to make the hazelnut flour first, by blending hazelnuts in a blender for about 2 minutes until flour-like consistency.
- The butter is beaten with the sugar, then the egg is added and mixed until smooth.
- Fold in the hazelnut flour, cocoa powder and chocolalte chips.
- Shape the dough into round cookies (you may need to spoon the mixture since it may be a little bit wet)
- Bake and let them cool on the tray so they can harden.
If you are feeling extra, you can fold in nuts, dried fruit into the dough as well if you like.