These Easy Birthday Cake Cookies are colorful, delicious, and super fun to make!
We love sprinkles, we literally love to use them in every dessert. They are so colorful and pretty!
If you are stuck for ideas for your friends’ or colleagues’ birthday, a batch of these will make anyone happy!
You will know what to bring to the office or to that birthday buffet!
These birthday cookies are incredibly easy to make, and only require a handful of ingredients you are very likely to already have at home.
How To Make Birthday Cake Cookies:
You only need a handful of staples to make these cookies.
2.Sugar – white and light-brown
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy either using an electric mixer or manually.
Then you add the egg and beat it in until creamy, then you fold in the flour and sprinkles. Be quite generous with the sprinkles. It’s important that you chill the dough in the fridge for at least an hour.
Then you shape the cookies and bake.
A full recipe breakdown and measured ingredients are below.
How To Store Birthday Cake Cookies:
These birthday cake cookies can be stored on the counter and should be consumed within 3 days. If you refrigerate them, they can last for up to a week.
Once baked and cooled you can even freeze these birthday cookies for up to 2 months!
Try Some Of Our Other Cookie Recipes:
We hope you like this Easy Birthday Cake Cookies Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Easy Birthday Cake Cookies
- 1/3 cup/80g butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup/70g brown sugar
- 1/3 cup/70g of white sugar
- 1 small egg
- 1 cup/140g plain flour
- 3-4 handfuls of rainbow sprinkles hundreds and thousands
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy either using an electric mixer or manually.
- Add in the egg, and beat again. Add the flour and fold the ingredients well.
- Add 2-3 handfuls of the sprinkles and fold. (Be generous)
- Chill the dough for 1-hour minimum.
- Shape 8-9 small-to-medium-sized balls out of the dough, and add the balls onto the 2 baking sheets leaving plenty of space between each ball. Do not flatten the balls, as they will expand when they bake.
- Press more sprinkles on top of each cookie ball.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes until golden on the edges. Leave to cool for 10 minutes before moving them to a wire rack.