Easy Cheese Cookies Recipe that will completely change how you feel about cookies. You know, when you think about cookies, you would imagine a sweet, sugary, probably chocolatey indulgence that you will have as a sweet treat?
Yeah, well, today we are presenting you something completely different. We made these savory cookies using lard and cheddar cheese. We thought that the lard really brings a lot to the table, but if you don’t like lard, just use butter!
If you have been following us for a while, you will know that we are nuts about cookies. I mean, we named our site “cookies”. So, yes, we are nuts about cookies, and we are currently exploring different recipes; now we are experimenting with savory cookies.
This cheese cookie recipe – is perfect for a snack, on a picnic, or just to take to work. There is nothing better than a filling homemade snack, that’s delicious, easy to make, and super cheap too.
When people think of cheese cookies, they think of cream cheese cookies. Which is fine, we have previously done cream cheese cookies, but we thought to do something different. I mean, you could you probably call this cheese cookie recipe crackers? But the thing is, these cheese cookies are buttery melt in the mouth, not really like crackers.
How To Make Cheddar Cheese Cookies Recipe:
You will need:
2. Plain Flour
3. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
4-ingredients only! It’s all you need. Oh, and you will need salt, but who doesn’t have salt at home?!
Anyway, the method is simple; all the dry ingredients are mixed, then the egg is added, and this should help everything come together to a soft dough.
Using a small cookie scoop, scoop round balls from the dough and place them onto the baking trays. Gently press the balls to flatten them, and add more shredded cheese on top. Bake in the oven.
Job done, congrats, you have just made the most delicious savory cookies ever.
More Cookie Recipes:
We hope you like these Easy Cheese Cookies Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Easy Cheese Cookies Recipe
- 140g / 2/3 cup of lard or butter soft at room temp
- 250g /1 3/4 cups of plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 120g/ 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Pinchs of salt
- Preheat the oven to 360F/180C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- All the dry ingredients are mixed, then the eggs are added, and everything is mixed in. This should help everything come together to a soft dough.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop round balls from the dough and place them onto the baking trays. Gently press the balls to flatten them, and add more shredded cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes, until golden on the edges.
- Allow them to cool on the trays for 5 minutes before moving/eating them.
Reheat them in the oven before consumption, you will thank us later 😉