Delicious Easy Chocolate Coconut Cookies. If you are a fan of coconut, you will love these cookies.
Desiccated coconut cookies are done in under 35 minutes are fun to make with the kids.
We loved the smell of the kitchen today – these cookies smell soooooo nice when they bake!
These Coconut Cookies are buttery, chewy, loaded with coconut. Don’t let their simple appearance fool you, these might just become your new favorite!
Sometimes you just need a really good, simple cookie recipe…so today, we are doing just that. We’ve tried making these cookies a little bit fancier – and added melted chocolate.
Coconut Cookies Chocolate Ingredients:
The butter and sugar are beaten in a bowl using an electric hand mixer or with a manual whisk until light and fluffy. The rest of the ingredients are added except the chocolate, then the dough is shaped into cookies and baked.
We like to melt our chocolate using the bain-marie method, but you can use the microwave as well.
How To Store Coconut Cookies:
These cookies store great! For best freshness, we like to keep them for up to 3 days in an airtight container, at room temperature. But you can also freeze these for up to 30 days.
More Cookie Recipes:
We hope you like this Easy Chocolate Coconut Cookies Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Easy Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- 1/2 cup/100g of softened butter
- 1 cup + 2tbsp/137g of plain flour
- 3 tbsp/40g of caster sugar
- 3 tbsp/40g of light brown sugar
- 1 small egg
- 1/2 cup/50g of desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup/80g of chocolate - milk or dark
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C/gas 5. Beat the butter and 2 sugars in a large bowl using an electric hand mixer or with a manual whisk until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg until just combined. Sift in the flour and stir to combine. Fold in the coconut.
- Roll the dough into 9-10 balls and arrange on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment, well spaced apart. Flatten each slightly using the palm of your hand and bake for 12-15 mins until golden brown and slightly firm to the touch. Leave to cool on the sheet briefly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate. Either by the bain-marie method, or in the microwave.
- Dip one half of each cookie into the melted chocolate, then lay them flat and sprinkle with some extra coconut. Leave the cookies to set for about 30 mins.