Easy Chocolate Concrete Bars Recipe! A quick and easy crunchy chocolate dessert you can whip up in minutes. Can be served warm or cold. We like eating it warm with either custard or just pouring cream.
The recipe only calls for 5 simple ingredients, which you are very likely to have laying around your house!
What Is Chocolate Concrete?
Chocolate concrete (also known as Chocolate Crunch) is a school dinner classic that couldn’t be easier to recreate at home. It’s a dessert we used to have when we were at school. It brings a lot of memories.
So today we are sharing this childhood favorite with you guys.
How To Make Chocolate Concrete:
The Ingredients Are:
1. Self-raising flour
4. Granulated Sugar
5 simple everyday ingredients needed.
The butter is melted then the sugar is added to it. Fold in the flour and cocoa powder, then the beaten egg is added. The mixture will be quite stiff.
Put the mixture into a greased 9 x 13-Inch baking pan, and gently press into the corners and flatten into the tin.
Once baked sprinkle with extra sugar, and eat hot or cold.
Cookie recipes you need to try:
Anyway! We hope you like this Easy Chocolate Concrete Bars recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Easy Chocolate Concrete Bars
- 1 2/3 cups/225g Self-Raising Flour
- 1/4 cup/25g Cocoa Powder
- 2/3 cup/160g Butter
- 3/4 cup + 2tbsp/175g White Granulated Sugar
- 1 small whole egg
- Preheat the oven to 350F/170C.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or on the stove, then add the sugar to it and mix well.
- Fold in the flour and cocoa and mix well until you have a stiff consistency.
- Beat the egg seperately, then gently mix into the flour mixture. You should have a pretty stiff dough.
- Put the mixture into a greased 9 x 13-Inch baking pan, and gently press into the corners and flatten into the tin.
- Place in the the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Once baked, sprinkle with extra sugar.
- Eat hot or cold.
Cookies will last in an air-tight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.