Indulge in this easy chocolate pear smoothie featuring a classic combination of pears and chocolate!
Satisfy your chocolate cravings while nourishing your body.Print
- 1 cup diced sweet pears
- 2 tbsp good quality cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 1 cup dairy-free milk (unsweetened )
- Wash, core, and dice the pear/s. Leave the skin on, since most of the fiber content is in the skin!
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth for about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
The smoothie can be consumed as soon as it’s blended, or stored for later.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 16
- Fat: 5.6
- Saturated Fat: 2.2
- Carbohydrates: 29
- Protein: 5.3
The Benefits Of This Chocolate And Pear Smoothie
Even though this vegan chocolate smoothie tastes like a dessert, it is far from unhealthy.
The smoothie contains 3-ingredients but packs a whole load of goodness!
Some of the main benefits of this pear smoothie for weight loss include:
- Nutrient-Rich Pears:
- Rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, pears promote digestive health and overall well-being.
- Antioxidant-Rich Cocoa:
- The cocoa in the smoothie provides antioxidants that may support heart health and combat oxidative stress.
- It’s Vegan!
- The chocolate smoothie is suitable for lactose-intolerant individuals and vegans alike.
- Satisfying and Low-Calorie:
- A satisfying, flavorful option that is lower in calories compared to many other smoothies or chocolate desserts.
- Boosts Energy:
- The combination of sweet pears, cocoa’s antioxidants, and dairy-free milk provides a nutrient-packed blend, offering a natural energy boost to kickstart your day.
- Easily customizable and adaptable to personal taste preferences.
- Aids in Weight Loss:
- Low in calories and high in fiber, this cacao smoothie promotes satiety, helping control cravings and contributing to a balanced, weight-conscious diet.
How To Customize The Smoothie
The 3 ingredients used to make this tasty chocolate and pear smoothie are a great base for you to make an even more interesting and nutrient-dense smoothie.
I have tested numerous different versions of this smoothie since I have probably made it over 20 times now. Each time I tried something different.
If you want this recipe, here are some suggestions that I have personally tested which all work very well:
- Make this chocolate pear smoothie high in protein by adding a scoop or two of protein powder. For extra chocolatey flavor, use chocolate protein powder!
- Add more richness and depth to the drink by adding a tablespoon of nut butter. I personally tested almond butter, and it work very well with the pear and chocolate.
- If you are not vegan, swap the almond milk for a cup of yogurt. Yogurt adds creaminess, protein, and gut-friendly bacteria.
- Add another classic ingredient that works well with chocolate – strawberries! Use 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries for a tasty twist to this smoothie.
Make It a Smoothie Bowl
If you haven’t yet tried a chocolate smoothie bowl, I urge you to do so ASAP!
To turn this smoothie into a smoothie bowl, use the listed ingredients, but add 1 cup of frozen banana slices.
This will thicken the smoothie, making it the perfect consistency of a smoothie bowl.
Finally, add your desired smoothie bowl toppings and dig in!
Recipe Questions From The Community
I always share my newly developed smoothie recipes with my smoothie community on YouTube first.
I then gather the feedback, tweak the recipe if needed, and finally write up the recipe on my blog.
All the chocolate lovers from my community loved the recipe.
However, I received a couple of questions from some, which I will also answer in this recipe post:
Can I Use Frozen Pears Instead Of Fresh Pears?
Yes, you can use frozen pears instead of fresh, in fact, it's better to use frozen pears, since they will make your smoothie a lot thicker and refreshing!
I Am Allergic To Nuts - What Can I Use Instead Of Almond Milk?
The almond milk can easily be substituted for either oat milk, soy milk or regular dairy milk if you are not vegan.
When Should I Drink This Smoothie For Weight Loss?
The smoothie is best consumed in the afternoon, if you want to use it for weight loss. The reason for this is because it will help curb cravings, especially during a time when we often snack on unhealthy high calorie foods.