Easy Chocolate Spread Cookies – that are thin, crispy, and soft in the middle.
We had this jar of chocolate spread (Very similar to Nutella, but without the nuts) in our cupboard for a while, and we need to use it up.
We had toast in the morning a few times, but we were still left with half a jar. So what could we do?
We did Nutella cookies once, and they turned out great, so we thought we could do something similar using this chocolate spread jar we had.
The first batch we tried failed. So we had enough chocolate spread for 1 more try, and thankfully it worked, it worked really well!
To help you avoid making mistakes we made, here we have answered some questions:
Why Did My Chocolate Chip Cookies Spread?
There are 2 reasons why your cookies spread in the oven:
1. You didn’t get your flour/butter ratio right.
2. You used too much baking powder/baking soda.
It’s so important that you get the measurements right when you make the cookie dough, in order to avoid the cookies spreading in the oven too much.
Why do my cookies go flat in the oven?
This is a very common thing that happens while you bake cookies.
The reason why sometimes the cookies go flat in the oven is that:
A. The Butter! It was either too soft, the dough wasn’t chilled when needed, and again the butter to flour ratio was wrong.
B. If you place the cookies on a hot baking tray, before baking, you will have problems when they bake.
This is baking my friends, it’s all about precision, otherwise, you end up with flat cookies 😉
Try Some Of Our Other Cookie Recipes:
We hope you like this Easy Chocolate Spread Cookies Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Easy Chocolate Spread Cookies
- 3 tbsp/30g of melted butter
- 1/4 cup/50g of white sugar
- 1/4 cup/50g of light brown sugar
- 1 medium sized egg
- 1 cup/120g of plain flour
- 1/3 cup/100g of chocolate spread Nutella will also work great
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- Melt the butter then add the 2 sugars and beat for 1 minute with the butter. Add the chocolate spread and mix again.
- Add the egg and beat until creamy and smooth.
- Fold in the flour and baking soda and mix. Do not overmix.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 1 hour minimum.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Shape 1 1/2 tbsp cookies from the dough leaving them like a ball and place them on the baking sheets with plenty of space between the cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 11-13 minutes.
- Let them cool on the sheet befoe moving them.