This breakfast Easy Healthy Melon Smoothie is super refreshing, healthy, and really easy to make. It’s also perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up, as the smoothie is quite filling and hydrating,
It can be made dairy-free and vegan easily as well.
So why is this smoothie so amazing?
-> it’s Low On Calories
-> It Contains Tons Of Vitamins
-> It’s Filling
-> Packed With Fiber
->Has A Good Dose Of Protein
->It’s Done In Under 5 Minutes
So what do we have here?
– Melon– Contains Nutrients Vital to Bone Health, And May Help With The Blood Pressure.
– Frozen Banana – Bananas are respectable sources of vitamin C. Manganese in bananas is good for your skin. Potassium in bananas is good for your heart health and blood pressure.
– Yogurt– gut healthy and packs a good dose of protein
– Cinnamon – has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties
So How To Make Melon Smoothie?
First off, you need a frozen banana!
The way we freeze our bananas, is we peel them, and break them into chunks, then freeze them. If you freeze the whole banana, first of all, you won’t be able to peel it, and second of all, if it’s peeled, good luck blending a whole frozen banana 😀
Once you’ve got a frozen banana, you need to butcher your melon and get rid of all the seeds and outer skin.
After that, you add melon chunks to the blender with 1 small frozen banana chunks, 3 tbsp of yogurt, sprinkle of cinnamon, and 1/2 of water and blitz until smooth.
Job done! We like to serve this smoothie with some ice for extra coolness.
More Smoothie Recipes:
We hope you like this Easy Healthy Melon Smoothie recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Easy Healthy Melon Smoothie
- 1 small frozen banana chunks
- 1 cup/156g of melon chunks any melon will do but I used honeydew melon
- 3 tbsp of yogurt - use vegan yogurt for a vegan smoothie
- 1/2 cup/110nl of cold water
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Prepare the melon, cut into wedges, scoop out the seeds and cut the outer skin, then cut the melon flesh into chunks.
- Add all the ingredients to a highspeed blender, and blitz until completely smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!