These Easy Healthy Protein Chocolate Sandwich Cookies are easy to make, require a handful of ingredients, and are a lot of fun to make!
These best sandwich cookies are gluten-free, vegan, high protein, healthy, and super delicious. We literally can’t fault them.
If you are looking for cookie sandwich ideas – this recipe is for you!
The recipe is absolutely guilt-free – all the ingredients are healthy. The filling is made out of dark chocolate and banana! Only 2 healthy ingredients!
Sandwich Cookies Ingredients:
Cookie Sandwich Filling:
2. Melted Chocolate
How to make the chocolate sandwich cookies
The first thing you’ll need to do is make the chocolate cookies. The chocolate cookie dough is easy to prepare, the 3 ingredients are mixed together to form a dough. You may need to add a touch of water if it doesn’t come together.
Once cookies are baked, they need to cool down completely before filling them, otherwise, the filling will melt and fall off.
The filling is made by mashing the banana and melting some chocolate. Then both ingredients are combined and chilled in the fridge to harden a bit.
We hope you like this Easy Healthy Protein Chocolate Sandwich Cookies Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Easy Healthy Protein Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- For the cookies:
- 1/3 cup/45g of peanut butter powder
- 1/3 cup/80g of almond butter - you can use peanut butter too
- 1 heaping tbsp of date paste/syrup or maple syrup
- For the Filling:
- 1 large ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup /60g of chocolate chips
- Mix the 3 cookie ingredients, you may need to add 1 tbsp of water if the dough is too dry.
- Roll into balls and flatten (make sure they are all the same size) you should be able to make 6 small cookies. Put them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at preheated 350F/175C oven for 11 minutes. Allow to cool completely while preparing the filling.
- Melt the chocolate. Mash the banana. Then add the melted chocolate to the banana. Mix well. You may need to use electric mixer to make the filling completely smooth.
- Refrigrigate for 15-20 minutes.
- Then fill your cookies and enjoy.
More Cookie Recipes: