These Easy Healthy High-Protein Vegan Cookies are a healthy, nutritious way to satisfy that sweet tooth. Naturally gluten-free and vegan, they’re also full of healthy fats and fiber too!
They pack a good amount of protein, so they really are a perfect cookie.
We’ve used peanut butter powder instead of protein powder since we don’t like the taste of most protein powders, and the peanut butter powder has got a neutral flavor.
We have, however, left an option for you to use a protein powder instead, although that may alter the taste of these vegan cookies.
When it comes to cookies, we are definitely on the flat and chewy side of things. Some people like cakey cookies, other people like them crispy.
The base is almond butter, which gives these cookies a really amazing nutty flavor (obvs) and helps with that nice gooey texture.
They are crispy and soft in the middle!
How To Make Vegan Protein Cookies:
You will need:
To make these protein cookies, you need to make a ‘vegan egg’ by mixing 1 tbsp of flaxseeds with 3 tbsp of water and let it ‘gel’.
After that, basically, all the ingredients are mixed together. It should form a soft dough.
Using 1 heaped tbsp from the tough, roll into a ball and flatten it with your hands gently on the baking sheet to form a cookie shape. Repeat with all the cookie dough.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden brown. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
See below for weighed ingredients and the full recipe
More Vegan Cookie Recipes:
1.3-Ingredient Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
2.Vegan Chocolate Fudge Cookies
3.Easy Healthy Protein Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
We hope you like this Easy Healthy Vegan Protein Cookies Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Easy Healthy Vegan Protein Cookies
- 1/2 cup/125g almond butter/peanut butter or any nut butter you prefer/have
- 1/4 cup/ 85g of date syrup
- 1 flax egg 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water
- 1 scoop/50g peanut butter powder or a protein powder you like
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup20g coconut flakes/desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup/55g of vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180C. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare the flax egg, and let sit for 5 minutes to gel. Add all ingedients together except the flax egg and chocolate chips in a bowl, and mix.
- Add the flax egg and chocolate chips, and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Using 1 heaped tbsp from the tough, roll into a ball and flatten it with your hands gently on the baking sheet to form a cookie shape. Repeat with all the cookie dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden brown. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.