Delicious Easy Lemon Cookies With Icing that have all the lemon you need!
We love, love, love lemons, so we thought it’s time to make some delicious lemon cookies!
They came out as pure lemony haven, and they were so easy lemon squeezy to make too 😀
There is no doubt that lemon and sugar work like a dream together. A batch of these disappeared within a day in our household.
How To Make Lemon Cookies:
The Ingredients are:
1. Lemons (obvs)
3. Plain Flour
7. Granulated white Sugar
Only 7 simple ingredients needed!
In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar. Beat until pale and creamy. You can use an electric mixer if you want. Add the egg and beat again until combined. Fold in the flour and baking powder, and the zest of the 2 lemons and the juice of 1 only.
It should form a dough enough to hold itself, however, if it’s too loose, refrigerate the mix for about an hour before baking. Everyone measures ingredients differently, if they are measured the way I’ve listed them here, you wouldn’t need to refrigerate the dough.
Shape the cookies, and bake!
While the cookies are baking/cooling, the icing is made by adding powdered sugar and lemon juice together and mixed to reach a drizzly consistency.
Once the cookies are cooled, the drizzle on top of the cookies.
We love to bake from fresh, rather than baking the cookies and putting them in the freezer, so when we make any cookie dough, we shape the dough into balls, and freeze them in the freezer (laying flat on a flat surface, not thrown in a bag together, otherwise they will stick) and when we need to make cookies, we just put the frozen cookie dough balls onto a baking tray and we bake from frozen! Fresh cookies ready for you in 15 minutes and no preparation needed.
We hope you like this Easy Lemon Cookies With Icing Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Easy Lemon Cookies With Icing
- For The Lemon Cookies:
- 1/2 cup/115 grams unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 1 cup/ 200 grams white granuled sugar
- 1 medium sized egg
- 1 and 3/4 cup/ + 2 tbsp extra/275g of plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 lemons
- For The Lemon Drizzle Icing:
- 1/2 cup/50g of powdered sugar
- juice of half a lemon more or less might be needed, depending on how juicy the lemon is
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar. Beat until pale and creamy. You can use electric mixer if you want. Add the egg and beat again until combined.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder, and the zest of the 2 lemons and the juice of 1 only.
- It should form a dough enough to hold itself, however, if its too loose, refrigirate the mix for about an hour before baking. Everyone measures ingredients diffeently, if they are measued the way I've listed them here, you wouldn't need to refrigirate the dough.
- Shape 10-12 small-ish balls and add them onto the 2 baking trays. Bake for about 11-13 minutes until lightly golden on the edges.
- Once the cookies are baked, cool them completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, add the 2 ingredients together for the icing. It should be loose, but no watery, enough to be able to drizzle.
- Drizzle the cooled cookies with the lemon drizzle and eat up!