Easy Stuffed Pumpkin Cookies are perfect for fall and for pumpkin lovers.
These pumpkin cookies have got a secret surprise in the middle; extra pumpkin!
The recipe is pretty easy and straightforward. It needs a little bit of time for chilling mostly, but the rest of the method is pretty easy.
We absolutely love fall, Halloween, it just gives us a bigger excuse to indulge in comfort – because honey, the big sweaters, and oversized jeans can cover pretty much anything! 😉
Once the first of September comes, we are so in the mood for fall. We stock up on hot chocolate powders, tea, and candy.
We normally wait until the first of October to start carving pumpkins and putting up decorations for Halloween. But really, the mood for fall really sets off at the beginning of September.
What better way to celebrate fall, but to make pumpkin cookies?
How To Make Stuffed Pumpkin Cookies?
You will need:
1. Pumpkin Puree
5. Pumpkin Spice
6. Bakin Soda
For the pumpkin stuffing – dollop 6 tsp of the pumpkin puree separately individually on a flat plate or a small tray making sure they don’t stick together and are a ball shape. Put in the freezer for 1-hour minimum.
The pumpkin, butter, and sugar are creamed using an electric mixer or manually. The egg is added, then the flour, bicarb, and pumpkin spice are folded in. The dough is left to chill for an hour.
Once the dough has chilled – we stuff the cookie dough with the frozen pumpkin and we bake.
The result is a pretty big cookie, with melty pumpkin in the middle. Just perfect.
A full breakdown of the recipe is below!
Try Some Of Our Other Cookie Recipes:
We hope you like this Easy Stuffed Pumpkin Cookies Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Easy Stuffed Pumpkin Cookies
- 1/4 cup/56g butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup/70g brown sugar
- 1/3 cup/70g of white sugar
- 3 tbsp of pumpkin puree
- 1 small egg
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp/170g plain flour
- For the pumpkin filling:
- 6 heaped tsp of pumpkin
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- For the pumpkin stuffing - dollop 6 tsp of the pumpkin puree separately individually on a flat plate or a small tray making sure they don't stick together and are a ball-shape. Put in the freezer for 1 hour minimum.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, 3 tbsp of pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy either using an electric whisk or manually.
- Add in the egg, and beat again. Add the flour, pumpkin spice + bicarb. Fold the ingredients well.
- Chill the dough for 1-hour minimum in the fridge,
- Shape 6 medium-sized balls out of the dough, ( might be a bit sticky ) and spread each ball with your hand, and place 1 of the frozen pumpkin balls in the middle of each flattened ball. Close off the edges and roll it into a ball shape again.
- Add the stuffed balls onto the 2 baking sheets leaving plenty of space between each ball.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden on the edges. Leave to cool for 10 minutes before cutting or eating.