A healthy weight loss apple pear smoothie, made with only a handful of natural ingredients.
It’s filling, nutritious, and high in fiber. This pear and apple smoothie is naturally dairy-free and vegan too!
For recipe tips, variations, and benefits, please scroll past the recipe!
Apple Pear Smoothie (Weight Loss)
- 2 small sweet apples washed, diced and cored
- 2 small pears washed, diced, and cored
- 1 1/4 cups/300ml of almond milk unsweetened
- 1 handful of walnuts or walnut butter
- Wash the apples and pears and diced them. Do not peel them, as most of the fiber is in their skins.
- Core the apples and pears and remove the seeds.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes, until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!
Apple And Pear Smoothie Benefits
This apple pear smoothie for weight loss offers a unique blend of benefits, thanks to the clean natural ingredients used in the drink.
The smoothie contains 4 simple ingredients, and each ingredient is good for you in one way or another.
Some of the benefits of this high fiber smoothie include:
- Rich in Fiber:
- Apples and pears are high in dietary fiber, promoting digestive health and helping with satiety.
- Antioxidant Boost:
- Apples and pears contain antioxidants, such as flavonoids, which help combat oxidative stress in the body.
- Almond milk and walnuts contribute to heart health by providing omega-3 fatty acids and unsaturated fats.
- Bone Health:
- Almond milk is a source of calcium, which is essential for maintaining strong and healthy bones.
- Brain Function:
- Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for brain health and cognitive function.
- Energy Boost:
- The natural sugars in apples and pears, combined with the nutrients from almond milk and walnuts, can provide a steady source of energy.
- Weight Loss:
- The fiber content in apples and pears, along with the satiating effect of nuts, may aid in weight loss by promoting a feeling of fullness.
- Nutrient Variety:
- The combination of fruits and nuts ensures a diverse array of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients.
- A Tasty Hydration:
- The almond milk as the base for the smoothie, contributes to overall hydration, and the smoothie provides a delicious way to increase fluid intake.
Recipe Variations And Tips
There are so many ways to change and elevate this smoothie recipe.
I kept this apple smoothie for weight loss with pear simple by only using 4 ingredients.
But, I have also tested different variations of this recipe, which I will leave below:
- Make it chocolate-flavored by adding a tablespoon of cocoa or cacao powder.
- Boost the protein content by adding a small scoop of protein powder.
- If you are not vegan, add 1/2 cup of yogurt; this will add creaminess and protein to the pear and apple drink.
- The smoothie is naturally without a banana, but if you don’t mind bananas, you can add 1 small banana; this will make the smoothie thicker and sweeter.
- To quickly sweeten the smoothie, add 1 teaspoon of honey or agave syrup.
- Do not peel the skin of the apples and pears – the skin holds lots of nutrients, especially fiber!
- If you don’t have walnuts, swap them for a tablespoon of almond or peanut butter. I have also used cashew butter, and it worked great.
- Add your pears and apple slices first to your blender, since they need to be closer to the blades for an easier blend.
Popular Questions Asked By The Smoothie Community Regarding The Smoothie
This apple and pear smoothie recipe was very popular on my Instagram when I shared it with my audience.
I received several questions, which I am going to answer here too, just in case new people making the recipe have the same questions!
Can I Drink This Apple And Pear Smoothie For Breakfast?
Yes, the smoothie is a fantastic breakfast choice. It contains fiber, complex carbs, protein and fat, making it a filling and nutritious choice for breakfast.
Does This Smoothie Help With Fat Loss?
Each serving of this apple and pear smoothie contains 200 calories, which is very low, making it suitable for people wanting to lose fat.
Can I Use Frozen Pears And Apples To Make The Smoothie?
You can definitely use frozen fruit in the recipe instead of fresh fruit, but you will need to adjust the almond milk you use, otherwise you might end up with an overly thick smoothie!