This is a cleansing keto green smoothie – that’s full of detoxing properties, is low in calories, and almost completely sugar-free.
The Benefits of This Green Keto Smoothie
This smoothie being keto-friendly isn’t its only benefit. It offers an abundance of more benefits too.
Here are some of them:
- It’s So Nutrient-Rich: This smoothie is packed with essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K, and folate, which are important for overall health.
- It Offers Hydration: With a base of water, the smoothie helps keep you well-hydrated.
- It’s a Wonderful Digestive Aid: Ginger is known for its digestive benefits. It may help soothe the stomach and ease digestion.
- Rich In Fiber: The combination of spinach and the dates provides dietary fiber, which is beneficial for digestive health and can help you feel full and satisfied.
- A Great Source of Healthy Fats: The avocado in the smoothie contributes healthy monounsaturated fats, which are good for heart health and provide a creamy texture to the drink.
- Contains Antioxidants: The spinach and lemon used in this green detox smoothie are both good sources of antioxidants, which can help combat oxidative stress in the body.
- A Source of Iron: Spinach is a source of iron, which is important for red blood cell production and overall energy levels.
- Vitamin C Boost: Lemon and spinach provide a good dose of vitamin C, which is essential for a healthy immune system and collagen production.
- Rich In Potassium: Avocado is rich in potassium, which is important for maintaining proper muscle and nerve function.
- Contains Cleansing & Detox Properties: The smoothie contains compounds that can aid the detoxification process in your body.
- May Help With Weight Loss: The smoothie is really low in calories, it contains 180 calories per serving, making it a great weight loss drink.
- Satiety: The fiber and healthy fats in this smoothie can help keep you feeling full and satisfied, making it a good choice for a quick, nutritious meal or snack.
How To Make Cleansing Keto Green Smoothie:
The smoothie is dairy-free, vegan-friendly and keto-friendly. it contains an array of clean and natural ingredients, making this smoothie so good for you!
Here are the 6 ingredients you are going to need:
3. Lemon Juice
5. Cold Water
To make the smoothie, follow these steps:
- Grab a blender.
- Add the spinach and dates first to your blender.
- Follow with adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend for about 3-4 minutes, until the smoothie is totally smooth.
- Pour the smoothie over a glass full of ice.
Recipe Variations And Tips
There are numerous ways you can make this smoothie. We all have different preferences, and ingredients available to us.
Which is why I always like to leave options for changes to the recipes I share.
Here are some of the ingredient swaps you can make to this weight loss keto green smoothie:
- If you are okay with a bit more carbs, instead of 1 date that I used, you can add 1/4 cup of frozen berries instead.
- For a completely sugar-free smoothie, do not add the date to the smoothie.
- The spinach can be substituted for other greens, for example, kale and watercress are both wonderful choices.
- The lemon juice can be substituted for lime juice.
- I used freshly minced ginger root in my smoothie, however, you can use dried ginger powder too. 1/4 tsp is plenty.
Check Out More Keto Smoothie Recipes:
Healthy Keto Green Smoothie
- 1 handful of spinach washed
- 1-2 tsp of freshly minced ginger
- 1 pitted date
- 1 cup/250ml of cold water
- 1/2 lemon - juice only
- 1 small avocado pitted and flesh scooped out
- Prepare the ingredients as instructed.
- Add all the ingredients, starting with the spinach an pitted soft date to a blender.
- Blend until smooth, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with ice!