Healthy Vegan Apple & Pecan Cookies that are sweetened with fruit only, and are perfect for breakfast.
These apple & pecan cookies are also diabetic-friendly if you make the apple sauce from scratch.
Pecan & apple cookies are vegan, only need 3-ingredients, and can be easily made gluten-free too.
The recipe calls for oat flour – to make oat flour simply blend oats in a blender for 1 minute…and voila!
These cookies are super easy to make – everything is done in 1 bowl. They are healthy, delicious, and perfect for breakfast!
How To Make Apple Sauce:
3 large apples
1 tablespoon of coconut sugar/brown sugar
2 tbsp of water
1. Grate the apples ( no need to peel them ) add them to a saucepan with the sugar and water and put the pan on the hob on medium heat.
2. Cook the apples stirring frequently for about 10 minutes, or until they start to ‘catch on the bottom of the pan and the water is evaporated.
3. Transfer the apples onto a blender and add 2-3 tbsp of water. Blend for a few minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides.
How To Make Vegan Apple & Pecan Cookies:
You will need:
Make the oat flour by blending the oats in a blender.
Add all the ingredients together. Shape into small cookies and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
See below for weighed ingredients and the full recipe
More Vegan Cookie Recipes:
1.3-Ingredient Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
2. Vegan Chocolate Fudge Cookies
3. Easy Healthy Protein Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
We hope you like this Healthy Vegan Apple & Pecan Cookies Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Healthy Vegan Apple & Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup/95g of oats use GF if needed
- 1/2 cup/125g of apple sauce we used homemade one
- 1/4 cup/30g of pecans chopped
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- We recommend you make the apple sauce from scratch for a healthier version of these cookies, but don't worry - you can use shop-bought too.
- First - make the oat flour by blending the oats in a blender. They will turn into flour if you blend them for like 1 miunute.
- Once you have made the oat flour, add all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix.
- Shape 5-6 small cookies and add them to the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Consume them within 3-4 days.