Healthy Vegan Apple Stuffed Cookies that are loaded with apple, spices, and taste absolutely divine.
The cookie dough has got apples, and the cookies themselves are stuffed with apples. Just a pure apple haven!
These vegan apple cookies are dairy-free and gluten-free.
A Few Important Tips Before You Make These Vegan Apple Cookies:
We used homemade applesauce. Which is 98% pure apples and 2% brown sugar. If you use shop-bought applesauce, they are normally loaded with sugar. So I highly recommend making your own. It’s super easy.
We also make my own oat flour, which is super easy as well. Simply blend rolled oats. For this specific recipe, we roughly ground the oats, to give my cookies a little extra texture and crunch.
The cookies have got quite a bit of moisture in them, so longer baking may be required.
They come out slightly crispy on the outside and fluffy and soft in the middle.
How To Make Vegan Apple Cookies:
First, you will need to freeze 1 tsp portions of thick apple puree – this is what we will use to stuff the cookies.
All the cookie ingredients are mixed in a bowl, then the cookie dough is chilled in the fridge for 40 minutes to harden a bit.
Once the apple puree portions are frozen and the dough is chilled, we stuff the cookies and bake them.
See below for weighed ingredients and the full recipe
More Vegan Cookie Recipes:
1.3-Ingredient Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
2. Vegan Chocolate Fudge Cookies
3. Easy Healthy Protein Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
We hope you like this Healthy Vegan Apple Stuffed Cookies Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Healthy Vegan Apple Stuffed Cookies
- For the cookies:
- 1/2 cup/120g of Apple purée we used homemade apple sauce
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 cups/180g Oats roughly ground use gluten-free if needed
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp of Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- For the stuffing:
- 5 heaped tsp of thick apple puree
- For the apple stuffing - dollop 5 tsp of the apple puree separately individually on a flat plate or a small tray making sure they don't stick together and are a ball-shape. Put in the freezer for 1 hour minimum.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together for the cookies. It should form a soft dough.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C, line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Shape 6 medium-sized cookies,and stuff each flattend cookie with frozen piece of the apple puree. Close the edges and roll them into a ball shape.
- Place the 6 stuffed cookies onto a lined baking tray with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until golden on the outside.
- Please see the notes for a couple of tips!