A Heavy metal detox smoothie recipe for you today if you think your body is in need to detoxify itself from heavy metals.
We made this smoothie because we went on a crazy week of eating too much fish, especially tuna. So we developed this heavy metal detox smoothie.
We also went on a 3-day heavy metal smoothie detox diet.
During our 3 days smoothie detox, we consumed this smoothie that we put together. We also want to mention that this smoothie contains natural ingredients only.
We didn’t use any artificially made ingredients, everything is natural…as it should be! The only slightly processed thing we used was a top-quality matcha powder.
You will find many recipes out there that offer recipes for heavy metal detox, but they all seem to contain liquid drops from a bottle or powders.
Let us explain why this smoothie is helpful for detoxing your body from heavy metals.
What Makes This Smoothie Detoxing?
1. Cilantro – I know you are probably thinking that we are crazy for using cilantro in this heavy metal detox smoothie, but trust us, first you won’t be able to taste the cilantro at all, secondly, cilantro is known for detoxifying the body from heavy metals.
The leaves of the cilantro have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antifungal, antimicrobial, and significant chelating properties, that bind to heavy metals that are removed from the body through our excretory system. Very cool, isn’t it?
2. Plain quality yogurt– probiotics are essential to detoxing yourself from heavy metal, so a good quality yogurt was used.
3. Wild Blueberries (or organic blueberries) – Wild blueberries have been known to be effective in counteracting the effects of heavy metal poisoning. They are high in antioxidants – that naturally assist the body in eliminating heavy metals.
4. Lemon – contains high levels of vitamin C, and is known to assist in detoxifying the body.
5. Matcha Green Tea – just like the berries, green tea contains high amount of antioxidants, but it also contains catechins, that is best known to boost levels of glutathione, a metal detoxing agent in the body.
6. Fresh Ginger – may drastically lower blood sugars and improve heart disease risk factors. Helps indigestion and has anti-inflammatory detox properties.
Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie Benefits
Apart from detoxing you from heavy metals, this heavy metal detox smoothie also has other benefits, such as:
- Heavy Metals Detox
- Boosted Metabolism
- Healthy Hair
- Healthy Skin
- Raised Energy Levels
- Boosted Immune System
- Improved Digestion
- Improved Iron Absorption
How To Make Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie Recipe?
You will need:
- Wild Blueberries (Or Organic Blueberries)
- Lemon Juice
- Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Fresh Ginger
- Ice Cold Water
Once you have prepared everything – just add your ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
Serve and enjoy!
How Often Should You Drink This Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie?
We recommend that you drink this smoothie recipe once every day for 3 days.
Preferably drink this smoothie in the morning, for best results.
More Detoxing Recipes You May Like:
We hope you like this tasty easy healthy heavy metal detox smoothie without banana recipe. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tik-Tok & Youtube.
Have a great day!
Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Blender
- 5-6 leaves of cilantro washed
- 1 tbsp of freshly minced ginger
- 1 tbsp of plain yogurt with live cultures
- 1/2 cup/75g of wild blueberries or organic blueberries
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 1/4 tsp of matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 cup/125ml of ice cold water
- All the ingredients are added to a blender and blitzed until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!