A Heavy metal detox smoothie recipe for you today. Here’s the deal, we went on this crazy diet not long ago, to shed down some pounds ready for summer, so we ended up eating a lot of tuna, so we felt kinda blaaaah, so thought to do 3 days of detoxing of all the heavy metals our body had.
During our 3 days smoothie detox, we consumed this smoothie that we put together. Let us explain why this smoothie is helpful for detoxing from heavy metals.
Here’s What A Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie Contains:
1. Cilantro – I know you are probably thinking that we are crazy for using cilantro in this heavy metal detox smoothie, but trust us, first you won’t be able to taste the cilantro at all, secondly, cilantro is known for detoxifying the body from heavy metals.
The leaves of the cilantro have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antifungal, antimicrobial, and significant chelating properties, that bind to heavy metals that are removed from the body through our excretory system. Very cool, isn’t it?
2. Plain quality yogurt– probiotics are essential to detoxing yourself from heavy metal, so a good quality yogurt was used.
3. Wild Blueberries (or organic blueberries) – Wild blueberries have been known to be effective in counteracting the effects of heavy metal poisoning. They are high in antioxidants – that naturally assist the body in eliminating heavy metals.
4. Lemon – contains high levels of vitamin C, and is known to assist in detoxifying the body.
5. Matcha Green Tea – just like the berries, green tea contains high amount of antioxidants, but it also contains catechins, that is best known to boost levels of glutathione, a metal detoxing agent in the body.
6. Fresh Ginger – may drastically lower blood sugars and improve heart disease risk factors. Helps indigestion and has anti-inflammatory detox properties.
How To Make Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie Recipe?
You will need:
3. Wild Blueberries (Or Organic Blueberries)
4. Lemon Juice
5. Matcha Green Tea Powder
6. Fresh Ginger
7. Ice Cold Water
Once you have prepared everything – just add your ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
Serve and enjoy!
Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie Recipe
- 1 Blender
- 5-6 leaves of cilantro washed
- 1 tbsp of freshly minced ginger
- 1 tbsp of plain yogurt with live cultures
- 1/2 cup/75g of wild blueberries or organic blueberries
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 1/4 tsp of matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 cup/125ml of ice cold water
- All the ingredients are added to a blender and blitzed until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!