These Homemade Gluten Free Oreo Cookies are easy to make, require a handful of ingredients, and are a lot of fun to make!
So today we experimented in making gluten-free oreo cookies for the peeps who can’t eat gluten. We read that Oreo itself has released gluten-free oreo cookies, however, they are not available yet to the whole world.
Also, making them yourself is 100 times better and healthier. The only unhealthy ingredient we have here is powdered sugar.
Gluten-free Oreos ingredients:
The cookies only have 5 ingredients:
For the filling only 2 ingredients:
1.Plain Cream cheese
That’s it, guys!
We bake the cookies, then we make the icing. We used a piping bag to pice tots onto the cookies, but you can use a spoon and spoon some of the icing and sandwich the cookies.
Oh, to make the oat flour, simply add oats to a blender or a food processor and blitz until a fine flour. It’s that simple.
I also used these round cutters to cut the cookie shapes.
We hope you like this Homemade Gluten Free Oreo Cookies recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Homemade Gluten Free Oreo Cookies
- For the cookies:
- 1/2 cup/50g of cocoa powder
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp/100g Of Oat Flour see notes on how to make it*
- 1 tbsp of powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsps coconut oil melted
- 8 Tbsp water
- For the filling:
- 1/2 cup/100g of plain cream cheese sub for dairy-free for a vegan option
- 1 1/3 cups/200g of powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C.
- Mix dry ingredients then add coconut oil and slowly add the water until you reach a wet-ish dough. You may not need to use all of the water depending on how you have measured the dry ingredients.
- With hands, form into one large ball and roll with rolling pin in between 2 sheets of parchment paper. It should be as thin as you can get it. Then cut into rounds using a round cutter. The size is up to you. We kept ours quite small.
- Place the round cookies onto a baking sheet lined with pachment paper. Bake in the oven for 5-6 minutes - they cook very fast because of the high amount of oil. Then allow to cool. The cooling process allows them to get crispy!
- Meanwhile - make the icing by mixing the cream cheese and powdered sugar together. It should be thick-ish. Using a piping bag or just a little spoon, spoon a little bit of the icing in the middle of 1 cookie round then press another one on top. Repeat the process.
More Cookie Recipes To Try From Our Site:
1.Loaded Kit Kat Chunk Cookies
2.Perfect Double Chocolate Cookies
- Ginger Pear Smoothie [Immune-Boosting] - March 28, 2023
- Lime Smoothie [Healthy & Easy] - March 27, 2023
- Chocolate Cottage Cheese Smoothie - March 26, 2023
Sonja MendozaJune 25, 2021 at 6:07 pm
These cookies are amazing. I tried the recipe once, and when I got the result, the cookies were amazing! Thanks for providing me with this amazing recipe!
SmoothiesNcookiesJune 25, 2021 at 8:05 pm
We are so so pleased you like the recipe! Thank you for your wonderful review – it motivates us to do more!