Ever had a smoothie for breakfast and wondered how I add caffeine to this smoothie without spoiling the taste?
Smoothies are often consumed for breakfast more than any time of the day! However, most of us like to start our day with a kick of caffeine. Why not combine both, the smoothies and the caffeine?
But how? Well, keep reading and you will find out!
How to Add Caffeine to Smoothies
There are several different ways to add caffeine to your smoothie. There are natural ways to add caffeine and a bit more artificial ways.
So, here’s how you do it:
- Add Coffee! – Either in the form of a shot of espresso or a teaspoon of instant coffee.
- Add Matcha. – Again, either through a liquid version of matcha or through the powder.
- Protein Powders With caffeine
- Black Tea
- Add Cacao/Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate. Chocolate contains caffeine, especially dark chocolate.
- Energy Drinks. I know, not the healthiest option, but we have done a red bull smoothie before!
These are the best options to boost the caffeine in your smoothies.
Can You Put Caffeine Pills In Smoothies?
It certainly is possible to put caffeine pills into your smoothies. This is just another less natural way of adding caffeine to your smoothies is by adding caffeine pills. Often, crushed and blended in the smoothie.
This is certainly a way of adding caffeine to your smoothie, but is it very natural or a healthy way? We think not.
Why Should You Add Caffeine To Your Smoothies?
Well, adding caffeine to your smoothies, is the same thing as needing to drink coffee in the morning. Some people just need that caffeine in their system, for whatever reason.
If you like drinking smoothies for breakfast, why not add some extra caffeine in there for the ultimate breakfast smoothie?
Also, adding caffeine-rich foods will provide you with a burst of energy, which will you help you conquer the day.
What Adds Energy To a Smoothie?
Other ways to boost energy without the need for caffeine are also possible.
So, here they are:
- Sugar (liquid sweeteners like maple syrup, and honey also work)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Goji Berry
- Seeds (chia seeds, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds)
- Coconut Water
All these ingredients listed above work well, and incorporating them into your smoothies shouldn’t be difficult at all.
It’s also definitely worth considering other factors, not just what you put in your smoothies.
Some vitamin deficiencies can make you feel sluggish and tired all the time, so make sure you get plenty of your daily required nutrients either via your diet or through supplementation.
5 Smoothie Recipes With Caffeine
Now, let us present you with several of our smoothie recipes with added caffeine to them.
Easy Chocolate Coffee Smoothie Bowl
- 1 1/4 cups/9oz/250g Frozen banana slices
- 1 heaped tbsp of instant Coffee
- 1 tbsp of Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup/110ml of Dairy-free Milk
- All the ingredients are added to a food processor, and blitzed until smooth.
- Pour into your smoothie bowls, and add your desired toppings.
- Serve and enjoy!
We highly recommend that you use a high-speed blender like Vitamix, but it's easier to do this using a food processor.
We love making creamy smoothie bowls, and in this instant, we decided to add some coffee to it for the perfect wake-up smoothie bowl!
If you like iced coffee, we think you will like this one, since it has a good dose of protein in it, and a lot of ice!
Strawberries and matcha work so well together. If you don’t like coffee, but love matcha, this smoothie recipe is perfect for you!
As we mentioned earlier berries are a great natural way of boosting your energy, and chocolate is a great way to add caffeine to your smoothies.
We have 2in1 here, so you get the ultimate energy-boosting smoothie!
If you are dairy-free and low-carb, this smoothie is perfect.
It contains natural caffeine in it, and it will keep you full for hours too!
1. Can I Put Instant Coffee In My Protein Shake?
Absolutely you can put instant coffee in your smoothies or shakes. Instant coffee blends very well.
2. How Can I Add Caffeine To a Smoothie Without Coffee?
Although a lot of people drink and love coffee, not everyone loves it.
If you don’t like coffee, simply add dark cocoa powder or matcha tea powder to your smoothies instead of coffee.
3. Does Banana And Coffee Taste Good Together?
Bananas and coffee work very well together, especially in a smoothie. Next time you have both of them in the house, use them!
4. How Much Caffeine Should I Add To My Smoothie?
This will very much depend on what type of caffeine you are using, and other ingredients used in the smoothie.
If for example, you use coffee, then use enough to just balance your tastebuds, and work in harmony with the rest of the smoothie ingredients.
Experiment, and see what works for you, and your tastes!