This jackfruit smoothie is low carb, diabetic friendly, and high in fiber.
In the vegan world particularly, jackfruit is often used in savory meals. But, remember, jackfruit is actually a fruit. And as we all know, smoothies are often made with fruits.
I thought it would be great to have a jackfruit smoothie recipe. So I developed one, and I am sharing it with you today!
Can You Use Jackfruit In a Smoothie
Yes, jackfruit can of course be used in smoothies, in fact, there are many benefits to it.
It can also be a great low-calorie filler for smoothies along with adding a healthy dose of fiber and other nutrients to your smoothies.
Jackfruit Smoothie Benefits
There are so many benefits to adding jackfruit to smoothies. It’s low in carbs, low in calories, and high in fiber. If you are constipated, you will definitely benefit from drinking a jackfruit smoothie.
This jackfruit smoothie for weight loss is also low on sugar, making it useful for using weight.
But, here are some more benefits of jackfruit smoothie:
- Rich in Dietary Fiber: The smoothie supports digestive health by promoting regular bowel movements. It also helps in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels by slowing sugar absorption. Finally, it assists in lowering cholesterol levels.
- High in Vitamins and Minerals: The smoothie is rich in iron, calcium, and vitamins A, C, and K, as well as potassium and vitamin B6. There are many other vitamins and minerals too in the smoothie.
- Antioxidant Properties: The spinach, lime, and banana used in the jackfruit smoothie have antioxidant components that help combat oxidative stress in the body.
- Energy Boost: The small amount of natural sugars from some of the ingredients used in the jackfruit drink provide a nice steady source of energy.
- Supports Immune System: Vitamins A and C, present in various ingredients, play roles in immune function.
- May Aid In Weight Loss: The jackfruit beverage is low in calories and high in fiber, making it filling which may help you eat less throughout the day.
How To Make Jackfruit Smoothie
If you have never cooked with jackfruit before, then you may be a little bit confused of what type of jackfruit to use.
I used canned jackfruit in water, it’s just much easier to use in smoothies, and it’s non-flavored too.
You will need these ingredients to make jackfruit shake:
- Canned Jackfruit In Water
- Lime Juice
- Frozen Banana
- Plant-Based Milk
I hope you enjoy this jackfruit banana smoothie!
Variations Of The Jackfruit Smoothie Recipe
Because I had a couple of cans of jackfruit to use, I made different variations of this jackfruit smoothie.
Below, I have left some options for customizing this smoothie, that could possibly suit your preferences and ingredients you have available to work with better.
- You can make a jackfruit strawberry smoothie by using frozen strawberries instead of bananas.
- If you want to keep this avocado jackfruit smoothie totally sugar-free, don’t add the bananas in the smoothie, instead, add extra avocado.
- For a chocolate flavored drink, add a tablespoon of cocoa powder along with the other ingredients I listed.
- I used almond milk in my recipe, but you can use other dairy-free milk of choice. Another great smoothie liquid base for this smoothie is coconut water.
More High Fiber & Weight Loss Smoothie Recipes:
Jackfruit Smoothie (High Fiber)
- 1 Blender we use this one
- 0.66 cup/100g of canned jackfruit in water drained
- 1/4 avocado pitted and peeled
- 1/3 cup/45g frozen banana slices
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 cup/230ml of dairy-free milk I used almond
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit if using from a can. Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blitz until smooth.
- I blended my smoothie for 4 minutes roughly, which provided me with a smooth and creamy smoothie.
- Serve and enjoy!