Easy Lemon And Cardamom Cookies – perfect for something a little different with your warm drink!
Cardamom gives these cookies a unique taste – and the lemon and cardamom both work so well together. This cardamom cookie recipe may easily become your new favorite.
There is no doubt that a lot of people like lemon cookies, but adding cardamom to your lemon cookies is something you need to try!
We love, love putting spices in our cookies, who said cookies should only be butter, sugar, eggs, and flour? Oh speaking of eggs, these lemon & cardamom cookies are eggless!
You can make these cookies vegan as well if you sub the dairy butter for a vegetable spread alternative.
Get yourself some cardamom and lemons, and go make these cookies!
How To Make Lemon And Cardamom Cookies:
You will need:
The butter, sugar, and lemon are beaten together until fluffy, you can use an electric mixer for this.
Then the flours and cardamom are folded. The dough is chilled in the fridge for 20 minutes.
We made our cookies small, so the recipe did 9 cookies. Bake them in the oven, then cool them slightly before transferring them to a wire rack.
You can, if you want add lemon icing once the cookies are cooled, but that’s completely optional.
The cookies can last for up to 5 days at room temp in a container.
More Cookie Recipes:
1.3-Ingredient Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
2. Easy Amaretti Cookies Recipe
3. Healthy Fluffy Paleo Pumpkin Cookies
We hope you like this Cardamom Cookies Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Lemon And Cardamom Cookies
- 112 g/4oz of butter softened at room temp
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp75g of caster sugar
- 1 lemon zest only
- 125 g/4.5oz of plain flour
- 1/2 cup/50g ground almond flour/meal
- 1 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Line 1 large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Beat the butter, sugar and lemon zest together in a bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Add in the flour, ground almond meal and cardamom until the mixture is well combined and comes together to form a soft dough. Refrigirate the dough for 20 minutes.
- Roll into 9 balls and place them onto the baking tray – make sure you leave space between each one.
- Press each cookie to flatten slightly.
- Bake in the oven for about 12–14 minutes until the cookies are pale golden brown.
- Leave them to cool on the tray for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. They will crisp up as they cool.