Are you a fan of McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie but have certain questions about it? Good, you are in the right place. In this article, you will get an answer to the following questions:
- What is the McDonald’s Banana Strawberry Smoothie made with?
- What ingredients do they use and is there any real fruit in their smoothie?
- How many calories are in MCD’s Banana Strawberry Smoothie of each size?
- How much sugar, carbs, and protein does the Banana Strawberry Smoothie from McDonald’s contain?
- Is McDonald’s Banana Strawberry Smoothie healthy?
What Are The Ingredients In a Strawberry Banana Smoothie From McDonald’s?
The main ingredients are:
- Strawberry and banana fruit base
- Low-fat smoothie yogurt
Now let’s break down each component in more detail.
Strawberry and banana fruit base contain: Strawberry Puree, Banana Puree, Water, Grape Juice Concentrate, Clarified Demineralized Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Sugar, Contains Less Than 1%: Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Powder, Pear Juice Concentrate, Peach Juice Concentrate, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Pectin, Colored with Fruit and Vegetable Juice, Ascorbic Acid (Preservative).
Low-fat smoothie yogurt contains: Cultured Grade A Reduced Fat Milk, Sugar, Whey Protein Concentrate, Fructose, Corn Starch, Modified Food Starch, Gelatin. Contains Active Yogurt Cultures
Is McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie Healthy?
Let’s face it, McDonald’s smoothies are definitely one of the healthier items on their menu. They contain very little fat, which is a good thing. However, they are quite high in calories and have refined sugar in them.
Also note that based on American Heart Association, the maximum amount of added sugars you should eat in a day are:
- Men: 37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons
- Women and kids: 25 grams or 6 teaspoons
McDonald’s nutrition facts for their strawberry banana smoothie don’t precise what amount of sugar comes from added sugars and what is fruit sugar. However, the ingredients state that there is added sugar in both the fruit puree and the yogurt base of the smoothie.
If you go to McDonald’s and get yourself a large smoothie, that’s not too bad: you will only consume 330 calories. But if you also get yourself a McDonald’s meal, you will hit closer to 1200 calories. That’s a lot unless you are hitting the gym after the meal!
According to health.com you need to jump rope for 35 minutes to burn 300 calories. As an alternative run up and down the stairs for 30 minutes to get those 300 calories from your system. However, it doesn’t have to be that hard. If you have a garden, 1 hour of raking the lawn will also burn the smoothie calories. Another alternative is to go for a 2+ hour shopping spree (with a cart). Who knew shopping could be so efficient?
How to Make a Copycat McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie at Home
Are you obsessed with McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothies and would like to prepare them at home?
Nobody knows the secret formula McDonald’s has for their smoothies but you can make yourself a healthier version of the smoothie with fewer ingredients.
Note that it is impossible to obtain an identical taste of the McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie when preparing it at home. The McDonald’s smoothie contains concentrated grape and pineapple juice as well as other ingredients like Cellulose Powder, Xanthan Gum, Starch, and Gelatine. I assume you will want to skip those when preparing a strawberry and banana smoothie of your own.
So, shall we give it a go?
McDonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1 1/4 cups/200g of strawberries
- 1 large ripe banana
- 150g/1/2 cup/05z unsweetened yogurt
- 2 oranges juiced
- 1-2 tbs honey or sweet syrup optional
- ½ tsp vanilla extract optional
- Whipped cream to serve optional
- Remember that at McDonald’s they use frozen fruit puree so if you want to achieve the same thickness of your smoothie, use frozen strawberries and/or banana. If you want to use fresh fruit, add ice to get a cooler and creamier drink. However, frozen fruit would do a better job.
- To make the smoothie, add all your ingredients to your blender, and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Enjoy your homemade McDonald’s-inspired smoothie!
- Coconut Milk Smoothie For Weight Loss - March 29, 2023
- Ginger Pear Smoothie [Immune-Boosting] - March 28, 2023
- Lime Smoothie [Healthy & Easy] - March 27, 2023