A mushroom smoothie? Really? Who would wanna drink that – well me and you do, since we are both here, reading this post.
On a more serious note, why would you want to drink a mushroom smoothie? well, the answer is, why not!
Mushrooms are high in plant protein and contain a lot of health benefits. Furthermore, they add a very nice texture to your smoothies, especially creaminess.
But what goes well with a mushroom smoothie?
We decided to mix some classic ingredients such as peanut butter and banana, and then added in some fresh mushrooms and the result turned out great.
Mushrooms add an earthy flavor to the smoothie and work very well with the sweetness of the bananas and the nuttiness of the peanut butter.
Benefits of Mushroom Smoothie
Apart from a delicious earthy taste, the smoothie contains the following benefits:
- Minerals such as Selenium, Copper, Thiamin, Magnesium, Phosphorous, Potassium
And many more!
How To Make a Fresh Mushroom Smoothie
You will need:
- Fresh Mushrooms
- Peanut Butter
- Dairy-Free Smoothie
- Mushroom Powder (optional)
We used closed-cup mushrooms, but really, you can use any mushrooms you like.
Instead of peanut butter, you can use other nut butters such as cashew butter. However, for a nut-free version, use sunflower seed butter instead.
To make this smoothie – simply add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz until completely smooth.
We hope you enjoy the smoothie!
More Smoothie Recipes:
1. Avocado Kiwi Smoothie
2. Watermelon Mojito Tropical Smoothie
3. Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie
Anyway, we hope you like this recipe as much as we do!
We hope you like this refreshing easy healthy dairy-free vegan mushroom smoothie recipe. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram & Youtube.
Have a great day!
Creamy Mushroom Smoothie
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 4 closed cup mushrooms washed and sliced
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter smooth
- 1 small banana peeled and diced
- 1 cup/250ml of dairy free milk
- 1/2 tsp of mushroom powder we used this one (but this is optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Strawberry Pineapple Banana Smoothie - June 8, 2023
- Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie - June 7, 2023
- Papaya Pineapple Smoothie [Nutrient-Dense] - June 6, 2023
MetilMarch 15, 2023 at 9:30 pm
WOW!!! best thing I have read. You are amazing writer <3