Crispy and delicious Orange And Honey Shortbread recipe! Perfect for the festive period, this delicious shortbread recipe with a twist will become your new family favorite.
The orange works so well with the buttery-sugary shortbread, honestly, you need to try this combo so you can fully understand what we mean. The honey adds an amazing addition and sweetness to the table.
We used a very sweet honey, which gave this shortbread the sweetness it needed.
Shortbread can be a lot of fun to make because you can cut out any desired shapes you like. It’s particularly great to do it with kids since they will have a lot of fun cutting shapes out of the shortbread dough.
COVID doesn’t seem to be going away, and if you are looking for things to do at home with the kids, this recipe is ideal.
How To Make Orange And Honey Shortbread:
You will need:
1. Good Quality Butter
2. Plain Flour/All-Purpose Flour
4. Fresh Orange Zest
The method is the same as you would make regular shortbread, the only difference is, that you will need to add the orange zest and honey.
The shortbread is cut using your desired cookie cutters. We kept ours quite simple and small-ish.
The shortbread is then baked on lower heat – for not very long. You have to remember, that you have the extra sweetness (the honey), and sugar accelerates the baking process because the sugar caramelizes.
Once the orange and honey shortbread cookies are baked, make sure you cool them slightly on the baking sheet, so they can harden.
More Cookie Recipes:
We hope you like this Orange And Honey Shortbread Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Orange And Honey Shortbread
- 180g/6oz plain flour
- 125g/4oz unsalted butter softened
- 55g/4oz caster sugar
- 1 orange zested
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5.
- Beat the butter, orange zest, honey, and the sugar together until smooth.
- Fold in the flour and mix untill a soft dough forms (do not overmix). Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the dough is 1cm/½in thick.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Let them cool slightly on the tray before moving them to cool on a wire rack.