This pear smoothie for weight loss is great if you are wanting to shed some extra pounds. It certainly isn’t a magic elixir, but it can assist with your weight loss.
Losing weight is all about calorie deficit. But sometimes, to achieve a calorie deficit, you will need to consume filling foods so that you end up eating less during the day.
*Scroll down for useful information regarding the recipe should you want to!*Print
- 1/2 large ripe pear (cored and diced)
- 1/2 meduim-sized apple (cored and diced)
- 1 cup/220ml of dairy-free milk (I used almond)
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon freshly sqeezed lime juice (optional)
- Prepare the ingredients as instructed.
- Add them all to a high-speed blender, or a Nutribullet,, starting with the apple and pear, followed by the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend for about 2-4 minutes; depending on how smooth you like your smoothies.
- Serve and enjoy!
Best consumed straight away.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Smoothie
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 20
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 34
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 3
Can Pear Help You Lose Weight?
Pears are a wonderful addition to your diet if you want to lose weight. Thanks to their fiber, they will keep you feeling full for hours!
This pear smoothie for weight loss is low on calories, and filling, which makes it perfect if you are looking at losing weight.
To feel full, you need to consume fiber, fiber really makes you feel full for longer, which in the long term helps you to eat less throughout the day.
In this pear smoothie, there are no refined sugars, or nasty carbs added of any sort. The smoothie is sweetened entirely with fruit.
I also added some chia seeds, which are also great to keep you full. They are also high in protein.
Best Time To Drink Pear Smoothie For Weight Loss
I personally tested this smoothie for a whole week; each day I drank it once a day for breakfast.
Combined with general reduced calorie intake, I lost 1.5 pounds in a week!
Which is why I recommend that you drink this smoothie for breakfast, as a meal replacement. Because this is what worked for me.
As you can see based on the images, I left the smoothie slightly on the chunkier side.
That is because your body will need slightly more energy to break down the ingredients if they are not completely blended and smooth.
However, if you like your smoothies smooth, just blend for longer.
On top of this recommendation, I also want to leave some variations of this recipe by either swapping some ingredients, or adding more in!
Here are some ideas:
- If you don’t have lemon or lime at home, just leave it out of the recipe completely. On my last day of drinking this apple pear smoothie for weight loss, I ran out of lime, so I didn’t use any. The smoothie was still very tasty.
- If you want to add some healthy fats, and make the smoothie even more filling, add a tablespoon of almond butter. Do note that almond butter will add roughly 100 extra calories.
- You can use any other milk of choice, including dairy milk if you are not vegan. However, almond milk is one of the lowest calorie milk, which is why I used it in this weight loss pear smoothie.
- Instead of chia seeds, you can use oats or flaxseeds.
- If you want to smoothie creamier, add a tablespoon or two of Greek yogurt.