These Perfect Double Chocolate Cookies are chewy, gooey, crispy fudgy…I mean everything you would expect in a perfect cookie world!
If we are being very exact on the flavor – it really tastes like a fudge brownie – but with crispy gooey edges…I mean you need to try them, to really understand what we are talking about.
These chocolate cookies take a bit of patience – since you will need to refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 1 hour. What we normally do, is shape the dough into balls and line them on a baking tray, then freeze them. They can stay in there for up to 3 months, and whenever you need a cookie, you can put them on a baking tray and bake them straight out of the freezer. A life hack 😉
Smoothies N Cookies Daily Cooking Equipment:
As bakers & smoothie makers, we found ourselves using this equipment on a daily basis, so we’re just going to share them with you here, and we hope it can help you too!
- Food Processor
- Baking Trays
- Blender – A must for a site like ours which is all about smoothies!
- Bread/Cake Loaf Pan
- Mixing Bowls
- A Set Of Good Knives
- Freezer Bags
- Air-tight food storage containers
- A Set Of Kitchen Utensils
- Set of 2 saucepans + 1 Large Saucepan for stews and soups
- Non-Stick Frying Pan
- Round Cake Pan
- Electric Mixer
We hope you like this Perfect Double Chocolate Cookies recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day, and go eat a cookie! 😀
Perfect Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup/120g of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup/75g of cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt ignore the salt if you are using salted butter
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup/140g butter at room temp
- 3/4 cup/150g of brown sugar light or dark
- 1/3 cup/65g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup/170g dark chocolate chips or any type of chocolate you like
- Sift the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and caster sugar until light and fluffy. You can use an electric whisk.
- Add the egg, and beat again until creamy
- Fold in the flour/cocoa mixture slowly, ( do not over mix) then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm and chill the dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F/175C and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or baking paper.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop out equal portions of the dough, about 3 tablespoons of dough each. Place them on the mat at least 2 inches apart. I recommend adding 5-6 cookies per tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the cookies are set around the edges but the tops still feel soft.
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. They will firm up as they cool. Repeat with the remaining dough if you have any left.
- Ginger Pear Smoothie [Immune-Boosting] - March 28, 2023
- Lime Smoothie [Healthy & Easy] - March 27, 2023
- Chocolate Cottage Cheese Smoothie - March 26, 2023
TiffnyMay 20, 2021 at 10:13 pm
These cookies are exactly like the title says, perfect. The dough keeps great in the fridge and freezer so you can enjoy warm cookies anytime. I also like to swap out the chocolate chips for peanut butter chips sometimes. The recipe is definitely a keeper.
SmoothiesnCookiesMay 21, 2021 at 7:50 pm
Thank you so much! so, so pleased you liked the recipe!!