It’s the pumpkin season, and I have a lot fat to lose, which is why I created this pumpkin smoothie for weight loss!
This smoothie is relatively low on calories and is quite filling, which will help you reduce your overall intake of calories for the day, which of course means – weight loss.
Benefits Of Pumpkin Smoothie For Weight Loss
This pumpkin spice smoothie has so many benefits to it.
I like to have this smoothie for breakfast, as it contains filling healthy ingredients ready to get my day started.
But, here is a more detailed breakdown of the benefits oat pumpkin smoothie:
- Rich in Nutrients: High in vitamin A, which is essential for good vision and immune function as well as magnesium and zinc.
- Fiber Content: Helps with digestion and promotes satiety.
- Healthy Fats: Contains monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, beneficial for heart health.
- Protein Source: Provides a moderate amount of protein which is essential for tissue repair.
- Energy Boosting: Provides a steady release of energy.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Contains antioxidants beneficial for heart health and many other parts of your body.
This smoothie is of course great for weight loss too. Pumpkin contains a low amount of calories, and a high amount of fiber, making you feel fuller for longer, without the extra calories.
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Weight Loss Shake
To make this pumpkin smoothie for fat loss you will need very basic ingredients, such as – oats, pumpkin puree, cashew butter, pumpkin spice, and milk.
If you want of course and have the time, you can make your own pumpkin puree, or even better, cook the pumpkin and add the roasted pumpkin in the blender without needing to make a pumpkin puree first.
I used pumpkin puree from a can, so you can do that as well.
Here’s the full ingredient breakdown:
This smoothie comes out thick and so tasty.
To make this smoothie – add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz for about 3-4 minutes! Serve and enjoy!
This pumpkin smoothie has no added sugar, making it a low-sugar pumpkin smoothie. Of course, it’s not completely sugar-free, as the pumpkin contains natural sugars. But it has nothing artificial.
Even though this smoothie has no added sweeteners to it, it still tastes pretty awesome.
Variations Of This Smoothie Recipe
I am going to leave some options for you below, just in case you want to make some changes to this recipe.
- This pumpkin smoothie contains no added sugar, including fruit sugar. So if you like your smoothies a bit sweeter, add 1/2 banana or 1 tbsp maple syrup.
- If you cannot digest oats well, use flaxseeds instead or seeds of choice.
- Instead of cashew butter you can use almond or peanut butter.
- If you have leftover roasted whole pumpkin, you can use that instead of pumpkin puree.
- You can easily replace the oat milk for any other plant milk of choice.
More Smoothie Recipes:
Pumpkin Smoothie For Weight Loss
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 3 tbsp of pumpkin puree or 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin
- 1 tbsp of cashew butter or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp of oats
- 1/3 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 1 cup/250ml of oat milk unsweetened
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!