Pure Vanilla Cookie Easy Recipe that’s soft and gooey in the middle, and crispy on the outside. Easy to make, and a pure vanilla joy!
Sometimes simple is best, a good plain vanilla cookie is all you need in your life. We added extra vanillas than we use to do when we make cookies so that you can really smell and taste the vanilla.
I am telling you, when these cookies were baking, the smell was absolutely incredible. A pure vanilla cookie is what you need in your life right now!
There is something really magical about winter, and baking. It feels so much more comforting when you bake during the winter. There is nothing better than a warm house, that smells of freshly baked goods.
How To Make Pure Vanilla Cookie:
You will need:
4. Sugar – White & Brown
5. Bicarb + Baking Powder
6. Vanilla Extract
1. Powdered Sugar
The recipe is literally your standard cookie dough, but with extra vanilla!
The cookie dough is made, by beating the sugars with the butter. The egg is added and mixed in. Then the rest of the ingredients are folded in.
The cookie dough is shaped into 2.30oz/65g balls. Then baked. Let the cookie cool slightly on the tray, so they can harden up before moving them to a wire rack.
We personally topped our cookies with vanilla icing, but this is optional.
See the post below for the full recipe details and measurements.
More Cookie Recipes:
We hope you like these Pure Vanilla Cookie Easy Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Pure Vanilla Cookie Easy Recipe
- 140g / 2/3 cup of butter soft at room temp
- 140g /2/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 170g / 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp of caster sugar
- 250g /1 3/4 cups of plain flour
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of bakin powder
- 2 Pinchs of salt
- 2 tbsp good quality vanilla extract
- For The Icing: (optional)
- 1/2 cup/50g of powdered sugar
- 2-3 drops of vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp of water
- Beat the sugars and butter together until creamy.
- Add the egg, vanilla, mix, then fold in the flour, bicarb, baking powder and salt.
- Chill the cookie dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360F/180C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape the cookie dough to 2.30oz/65g balls. Should make about 10. And place 2-3 each per baking sheet with plenty of space between them. Do not flatten them, they will flatten naturally when they bake.
- Bake in the oven for 13 minutes for gooey middle, or 15-16 minute for crispier cookies.
- Let them cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before moving them and repeating the process with the rest of the cookies.
- If you would like to go for the icing, mix the powdered sugar with vanila and touch of water to reach the right thick consistency. Then spread/pipe the icing on top of the cookies.
Cookies will last in an air-tight container for up to 3 days in the fridge or on the counter.