If you have leftover pumpkin from Halloween, try this delicious and easy raw pumpkin smoothie recipe!
*Scroll past the recipe if you want to learn more about the smoothie such as the benefits of the smoothie etc*.Print
- 1 cup of diced raw pumpkin (skin left on if you have a powerful blender)
- 1 cup of raw dairy-free milk (I used homemade almond milk. See notes*)
- 1/2 cup frozen banana slices
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- If using a whole pumpkin, wash it, slice it, remove the seeds and slice off the skin if you like. I kept the skin on my smoothie.
- All the ingredients are added to a high speed blender, starting with the pumpkin since it’s harder to blend.
- Blend until smooth; for about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
For the best taste, consume the smoothie immediately after it’s made.
*If you are not a strict raw vegan, you can use processed dairy-free milk from the grocery store. You can also use dairy milk too.
**To make homemade almond milk at home, soak 2 cups of whole raw almonds in water for 1 hour or overnight.
Drain the water from the almonds, then add the almonds and 4 cups of fresh cold water to a blender.
Blend for 5-7 minutes. Pass the mixture through a cheese cloth, extracting the milk. Keep the almond pulp for baking.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Drinks, Smoothie
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Protein: 1.3g
Keywords: fall smoothies, pumpkin smoothie, pumpkin smoothies, raw smoothie, smoothie, thick smoothie
Benefits of Raw Pumpkin Smoothie
The term raw basically means that the smoothie is made using whole, unprocessed ingredients. Well, except the cinnamon.
Due to the lack of any processing of the ingredients, the smoothie is naturally very beneficial in many ways. Especially in terms of nutrient richness.
Here are some of the benefits of drinking this fall smoothie:
- It’s Nutrient-Rich: This fresh pumpkin smoothie contains a variety of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, and fiber, which can contribute to overall health and well-being.
- It’s Low in Calories: This smoothie is relatively low in calories, making it a suitable option for those who are on a low calorie diet & weight loss.
- It Is a Good Source of Fiber: The pumpkin and banana provide dietary fiber, which can support digestive health and help you feel fuller for longer.
- It’s Dairy-Free & Vegan: The smoothie is entirely made using vegan-friendly ingredients, making this pumpkin drink suitable for many diets.
- It’s Rich In Vitamin A: Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A, which is essential for good vision and overall immune system health.
- Contains Potassium: Bananas are a good source of potassium, which can help with so many vital functions of your body.
- Has Antioxidants: Both pumpkin and banana contain antioxidants that help protect your cells and much more!
- It’s Delicious! The combination of pumpkin and banana, along with the hint of cinnamon, provides a tasty and satisfying flavor profile.
Raw Pumpkin Smoothie Common Asked Questions Answered:
Can You Blend Raw Pumpkin?
Yes raw pumpkin can be blended ONLY if you have a powerful blender! The outer skin of the pumpkin is hard and difficult to break down. Only attempt to blend fresh pumpkin if you have a powerful blender with sharp blades!
Can You Put Raw Pumpkin In a Smoothie?
Raw pumpkin is a safe and a nutritious addition to smoothies. It's even richer in nutrients, especially Vitamin A, as it retains all its goodness without any loss through processing.
Can I Use Cooked Pumpkin Instead Of Raw In The Recipe?
Yes, if using raw pumpkin is not your thing, most definitely use cooked pumpkin. I like to use pumpkin puree, but if you have leftover roasted or boiled pumpkin, these will also work!
Can Raw Pumpkin Smoothie Be Stored For Later?
I like to drink this raw pumpkin smoothie as soon as its made, since it's completely raw. It doesn't store well, which is why I recommend that you make enough for the day.