Romance Cookie Recipe – Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies. Valentine’s Day is almost here, so we have been experimenting in the kitchen, trying to create something romantic.
We thought to keep things classic, so went the chocolate chip cookie route – because who doesn’t like chocolate chip cookies?!
So, chocolate chip cookies are exactly what we did, but, we heart-shaped them!
Making a batch of these romance cookies, for your partner this Valentine’s Day, will surely make their day. They will surely appreciate the effort of you making something yourself, rather than just buying a box of ready-made chocolate.
If you want to be even fancier, you can wrap them, and pop them in a box or something.
How to Make Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies?
You will need:
Once the cookie dough is made, it’s chilled in the fridge for 25 minutes.
Then the cookie dough is rolled out, and cut into heart shapes, using a large heart-shaped cutter and placed pretty spaced out between each other onto the baking sheets and baked for 10 minutes for a gooey in the middle cookie or longer for a crispier cookie, depending on your preference.
Once they are baked, they will expand, and won’t really look heart-shaped, so once baked, immediately, cut them again using a heart-shaped cutter. There you have it!
More Cookie Recipes:
We hope you like this Romance Cookie Recipe – Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Romance Cookie Recipe - Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 140g / 2/3 cup of butter soft at room temp
- 140g /2/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 170g / 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp of caster sugar
- 250g /1 3/4 cups of plain flour
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of bakin powder
- 2 Pinchs of salt
- 180g /1 heaped cup chocolate chips milk, white, or dark chocolate chips, whatever you fancy
- Beat the sugars and butter together until creamy.
- Add the egg, then fold in the flour, bicarb, baking powder and salt.
- Finally fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigirate the cookie dough for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360F/180C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Then the cookie dough is rolled out, about 2cm thick and cut into heart shapes, using a large heart-shaped cutter and placed pretty spaced out between each other onto the baking sheets
- Bake in the oven for 10 minuts for gooey middle, or 13-14 minutes for crispier cookies.
- Once they are baked, they will expand, and won't really look heart-shaped, so once baked, immediately, cut them again using a heart-shaped cutter.
- Let them cook, and enjoy!
Cookies will last in an air-tight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.