Salted Caramel Popcorn Cookies that are indulgent, gooey, and with the perfect texture of popcorn!
These cookies will become your new favorite treat to make at home.
There is something very magical when it comes to baking cookies at home. There is nothing better than homemade bakes and meals.
We tend to make our own salted caramel sauce, but you can always use shop-bought if you don’t feel like fussing about making your own!
We will still drop the recipe below, on how to make your own caramel sauce, though!
How To Make Salted Caramel Sauce:
You Will Need:
1 cup (207g) granulated sugar
1/2 cup (120ml) water
1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter
1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
1/2 to 1 tsp salt
1. In a medium to large saucier pan, combine the granulated sugar and water. Cook over medium-low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the butter and let it melt.
2. Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil. Stop whisking and don’t whisk at all during this part to help avoid crystallization. Allow boiling until the mixture turns a deep golden copper color, about 10-15 minutes, maybe longer depending on your stove. Keep an eye on it, but do not stir. If needed, you can occasionally tip the pan from side to side to help things cook evenly.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and immediately add in the heavy whipping cream in a slow, steady stream. The caramel will bubbly up quite a bit, so be careful with this step. Whisk quickly and well as you add the cream, whisking until well combined.
4. Add the salt and gently fold the sauce.
5. Allow the caramel sauce to cool. It will be fairly thin but will thicken as it cools. Store it in the fridge for up to two weeks.
More Cookie Recipes:
We hope you like this Salted Caramel Popcorn Cookies Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Salted Caramel Popcorn Cookies
- 140g / 2/3 cup of butter soft at room temp
- 140g /2/3 cup of dark brown sugar
- 170g / 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp of caster sugar
- 250g /1 3/4 cups of plain flour
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of bakin powder
- 1 cup/125g of popcorn covered in 3 tbsp of caramel sauce
- 2 tsp salted caramel sauce
- Cover the popcorn in 3 tbsp of caramel sauce.
- Beat the sugars, the 2 tsp of caramel sauce, and butter together until creamy.
- Add the egg, then fold in the flour, bicarb, and baking powder.
- Finally fold in the popcorn
- Refrigirate the cookie dough for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360F/180C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape the cookie dough to 2.30oz/65g balls. Should make about 15. And place 3 each per baking sheet with plenty of space between them. Do not flatten them, they will flatten naturally when they bake.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minuts for gooey middle, or 13-14 minute for crispier cookies.
- Let them cool on the sheet for 10 minutes before moving them and repeating the process with the rest of the cookies.
Cookies will last in an air-tight container for up to 3 days on the counter.