Salted Caramel Popcorn Milkshake – that’s got sweetness, crunch, and coolness. The salted caramel is rich, yes, but it breaks through the sweetness of the milkshake so well! The popcorn gives the milkshake a crunch and it’s an absolute delight! Share this delicious popcorn milkshake with someone you love for a greater experience!
You can buy salted caramel but if you are committed to the flavor profile or just like doing most things from scratch, we highly recommend trying to make your own, I will drop the recipe below:
You can make a whole batch of it, and use it for other recipes as well.
How To Make Salted Caramel Sauce:
You Will Need:
1 cup (207g) granulated sugar
1/2 cup (120ml) water
1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter
1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
1/2 to 1 tsp salt
1. In a medium to large saucier pan, combine the granulated sugar and water. Cook over medium-low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the butter and let it melt.
2. Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil. Stop whisking and don’t whisk at all during this part to help avoid crystallization. Allow boiling until the mixture turns a deep golden copper color, about 10-15 minutes, maybe longer depending on your stove. Keep an eye on it, but do not stir. If needed, you can occasionally tip the pan from side to side to help things cook evenly.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and immediately add in the heavy whipping cream in a slow, steady stream. The caramel will bubbly up quite a bit, so be careful with this step. Whisk quickly and well as you add the cream, whisking until well combined.
4. Add the salt and gently fold the sauce.
5. Allow the caramel sauce to cool. It will be fairly thin but will thicken as it cools. Store it in the fridge for up to two weeks.
How To Make The Salted Caramel Milkshake:
You will need:
1. Vanilla ice cream
2. Salted Caramel – homemade or shop-bought
1. Drizzle some caramel sauce inside of the serving jars to make it pretty when you serve.
2. Coat the popcorn in some caramel sauce.
2. Add all the milkshake ingredients to a blender and blitz until completely smooth.
3. Pour the milkshake into your serving jar, top with whipped cream if you like, and drizzle some more caramel sauce and press some popcorn on top.
More Milkshake Recipes To Try:
We hope you like this Salted Caramel Popcorn Milkshake Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Salted Caramel Popcorn Milkshake
- 1.5 cups/ 3 scoops Vanilia ice cream
- 1/2 cup/120ml of whole milk
- 2 tbsp of Salted Caramel *See the post on how to make your own or use shop-bought
- 1 handful of popcorn
- Drizzle some caramel sauce inside of the serving jar to make it pretty when you serve.
- Coat the popcorn in a tbsp of caramel sauce.
- Add the ice cream, milk & caramel sauce to a blender and blitz until completely smooth.
- Pour the milkshake into your serving jar, top with whipped cream if you like, and drizzle some more caramel sauce and press some popcorn on top.