We had to put healthy in capital letters, simply because this smoothie has got an insane nutritional profile. We got our hands on some dry sea moss finally.
After we saw Kim Kardashian making a sea moss smoothie, we had to try it asap!
We were really ill for the last couple of weeks, so needed all the vitamins and minerals we could get.
Is Sea Moss Smoothie Good For You?
If you have never tried or heard of sea moss before, you are missing out on incredible health benefits.
Sea moss or Irish Moss, has got the following benefits when added to your smoothies:
- Digestive Health
- Vegan Collagen (good for skin and bones)
- Boosting Your Immune System
- High In Vitamin B12
- Aids Weight Loss
What Does Sea Moss Taste Like In Smoothies?
Sea moss has a strong taste, there is no way about this.
However, if you get your proportions right, and use other strong-tasting ingredients, you should barely taste sea moss in your smoothies.
The good thing about sea moss is that it actually has a very earthy and somewhat pleasant flavor, so you should still enjoy the smoothie even if you can taste the sea moss!
How To Make Sea Moss Smoothie For Weight Loss
You will need:
- Dry Irish Sea Moss
- Honey Or Maple Syrup For Vegans
- Almond Milk
You can add protein to the smoothie if you like, by adding protein powders, but this is optional.
To make this smoothie – just add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz until completely smooth.
More Smoothie Recipes:
We hope you like this tasty easy healthy banana sea moss smoothie recipe. Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you.
Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Tik-Tok & Youtube.
Have a great day!
HEALTHY Sea Moss Smoothie
- 1 Blender We used this one
- 1 handful of dry Irish sea moss soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1 handful of spinach washed
- 1 ripe banana peeled
- 1 tsp of honey or maple syrup if vegan
- 250 ml of unsweetend almond milk
- Soak the sea moss in water for 2 hours, and drain it.
- Add all the ingredients to your blender jug.
- Process until completely smooth. For about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!