If you have a jar of tahini tucked in the back of your cupboard – use up that jar to bake these decadent Sesame Honey Cookies. They’re sweet, salty, chewy, and totally addictive.
These cookies are both chewy and crisp – with notes of sesame and caramelized flavours.
Tahini is a sesame seed paste often used in Middle Eastern cooking and baking. It adds a creamy, savoury bitter taste to the cookies, that balances beautifully with the honey. And the best part is you only need a handful of ingredients!
If you have ever eaten hummus, you would have had tahini, as it’s one of the main ingredients of hummus.
We are quite adventurous in the kitchen, so if you are an adventurous foodie like us, you will like these cookies. These are not common flavour combinations you get to see often, but they are totally worth trying.
How To Make Sesame Honey Cookies
The Ingredients Are:
1. Tahini (sesame paste)
3. Muscavado Brown Sugar
The butter and 2 sugars are beaten using an electric whisk, or with a manual whisk until fluffy, then the egg is added followed by the rest of the ingredients.
The dough is then chilled for a minimum of 3 hours, or ideally overnight in the fridge.
When you are ready to place the cookies onto the baking trays, we recommend you give them plenty of space, because they do expand a little bit when they bake.
The cookies don’t need a lot to bake 10-12 minutes.
Check the full recipe instructions below!
1.Loaded Kit Kat Chunk Cookies
2.Easy Chocolate Coconut Cookies
3.Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
We hope you like this Sesame Honey Cookies Recipe! Any thoughts, or things you have tried that work better, feel free to drop us a comment below. We are here to learn, just like you. Also, feel free to check out our socials:
Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
Have a great day!
Sesame Honey Cookies
- 1/4 cup/75g honey
- 1/3 cup/75g salted butter soften at room temp
- 3 tbsp dark brown muscavado sugar
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp of tahini
- 1 meduim sized egg
- 1 cup/130g plain flour
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Optional toppings:
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tbsp mixed black & white sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy Then add in the egg and mix until completely mixed through.
- Add the tahini and honey, and mix again. Follow with the flour and bicarb. And chill i8n the fridge for 3 hrs, or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 350F/180C/gas 4 and line two baking trays with baking parchment. Roll the dough into 9 even balls.
- Arrange on the trays spaced 5cm apart. Gently press down with the back of a spoon to slightly flatten the tops, then sprinkle over the sea salt flakes and sesame seeds and bake for 10-12 mins.
- Leave to cool on the trays for 10 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Is Premier Protein Good For You: Answered - May 28, 2023
- Blueberry Weight Loss Smoothie - May 28, 2023
- Meal Replacement vs Protein Shake - May 27, 2023